Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebel Commando Pao & Imperial Death Trooper

Well if that's indeed the case I hope they explain them as end-of-line specially-engineered clones. It will help this stand-alone film bridge the trilogies nicely.
    May you live in interesting times.

Hanging out in a room with shelves full of stuff I can't admit to on a first date.

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by DonWanKihotay View Post
    Thanks for sharing, the link. That's very cool, and explains their look, They are definitely meant to be taller and leaner than regular troopers, as some suspected.

Although Krennick is a step bellow, you can really see their thin yet towering scale here.
    Looks like the figures are movie accurate:
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    So, I'm assuming that Pao is a standard size figure and the Deathtrooper is just really tall. Until I read the article that Coreworld posted, I thought it was the other way around - the Deathtroopers were average sized and Pao was short.

I think the idea of them being very lean and 6-7 feet tall is a really cool idea and makes me like these new troopers even more.
    Agreed a special forces trooper can look beefier then a normal trooper and it works well.... also.... is that a Naval/Death Squad trooper in the background..... one more to add to my hopefuls list!
    Co-host of 3 guys talking Star Wars toys at Kesel Run Collecting

always buying SA imp army builders, even beaters for a decent price.

I wonder if there are any bloopers of him tripping on that cape? I'm sure it's had to have happen at least once. Unless it's CGI.

Quote Originally Posted by gijigsaw View Post
    So we have a Pao to go along with Poe?
    Almost as if there's a lack of imagination when it comes to names, or straight up lazy.

At least GL had an interesting method.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Hammer head, squid head, Yak Face Dignitary #2...

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post

At least GL had an interesting method.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utinniii View Post
    LOL!
    How lame is it on reading "At least GL had an interesting method.", my thoughts went to:
    Tomar Re, Katma-Tui, Xax, Arkkis Chummuck...

Quote Originally Posted by DonWanKihotay View Post
    LOL!
    How lame is it on reading "At least GL had an interesting method.", my thoughts went to:
    Tomar Re, Katma-Tui, Xax, Arkkis Chummuck...

I think we just showed our respective ages in these posts.

I was being flip in my comment as there were some cool names and nods to real people (Yoda) and fun movie references (Klattu, Varada, Necktie).

Quote Originally Posted by Coreworld View Post
    Here's a link to Gareth Edwards talking about it....

http://www.slashfilm.com/rogue-one-d...opers-origins/
    Ha thanks for that. I thought you were kidding. And I really like this, its a cool aesthetic change, and it makes sense. I like that these are an elite task force so they are taller and leaner. I am happy with the figure now. At first I thought they just sortof made them like the skinny TCW figures. But kudos Hasbro for actually getting a little detail like this right.
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

Quote Originally Posted by Utinniii View Post
    Bib For Tuna, Admiral Snackbar, Salacious Crumb and let's not forget that Whorm Loathsom happened on George Lucas' watch as well.

Oh yeah, then there are the regular Earth names like Luke, Leia, Han, Ben and Owen.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Pao looks like that annoying crazy frog that had that annoying ringtone and stupid song out years ago.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast