Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263

Thread: Tie Striker With TIE Fighter Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdherfer View Post
    ... but the lack of the rear gunner compartment really spoilt this thing.
    This is the exact reason I ended up selling mine, even though I got it practically for free. Even at 'free', I couldn't justify keeping it (and the U-Wing).
    Want:
    Black Series 6" Tie Fighter Pilot (not the TFA one)
    My Feedback: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1049653/

^^^ I never sell anything. Hoarder mentality lol. But mainly wouldn't sell mine because it's another TIE variant and I want them all...
    ​N E R D ​★ ​H E R F E R

Got a couple of these from WM for 12 bucks each. Not a bad toy/vehicle, but the overall design really kinda bothers me. Not sure what they were trying to go with here as far as the movie version goes....but it kinda misses it with me....whatever that might be.

I was initially planning on passing getting this Tie Striker vehicle, but I just saw this for $14.99 @ Tuesday Morning & couldn't resist. I like the fact that this is a derivation of the TIE Fighter, though not nearly as cool as any previous incarnation of that vehicle (DV's TIE Fighter, TIE Interceptor, TIE Bomber).

That being said, the appearance here is definitely an homage to the original TIE's & to the OT. I also don't mind the Nerf feature at all.

Here's a link w/more info. on this vehicle:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/TIE...iority_fighter

Quote Originally Posted by ThallJoben View Post
    I was initially planning on passing getting this Tie Striker vehicle, but I just saw this for $14.99 @ Tuesday Morning & couldn't resist. I like the fact that this is a derivation of the TIE Fighter, though not nearly as cool as any previous incarnation of that vehicle (DV's TIE Fighter, TIE Interceptor, TIE Bomber).

That being said, the appearance here is definitely an homage to the original TIE's & to the OT. I also don't mind the Nerf feature at all.

Here's a link w/more info. on this vehicle:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/TIE...iority_fighter
    Yeah, this isn't a sleek vehicle to begin with, so the Nerf feature on this is not so bad like it is on the Rebels A-wing.
    Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "l'll go a little later, I'll go a littler later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

I really like the look of the vehicle, but have one minor gripe. One thing I love about TIE fighters and variants is how easy they are to display on a shelf, and these are not very shelf friendly. That being said, this led me to experiment with hanging stuff from the ceiling with fishing wire and there may be a space battle in my man cave in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by sithmushroom View Post
    I really like the look of the vehicle, but have one minor gripe. One thing I love about TIE fighters and variants is how easy they are to display on a shelf, and these are not very shelf friendly. That being said, this led me to experiment with hanging stuff from the ceiling with fishing wire and there may be a space battle in my man cave in the future!
    I think my favorite Tie Striker toy is that cheap value line one they had at Big Lots. Not sure of the scale, but I like the proportions the best. It has landing gear you can pop on and off. It is a nice size for display and doesn't take up too much room on a shelf. I even like the wing proportions better than what they really are. I think the true scale wings are much to big.
    Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "l'll go a little later, I'll go a littler later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    I think my favorite Tie Striker toy is that cheap value line one they had at Big Lots. Not sure of the scale, but I like the proportions the best. It has landing gear you can pop on and off. It is a nice size for display and doesn't take up too much room on a shelf. I even like the wing proportions better than what they really are. I think the true scale wings are much to big.
    Landing gear would have made all the difference! That does look like a good display size. I was surprised at how big the 3.75 scale striker was when i put it together. That and the U wing are pretty big!

I had no idea there was a different version of the TIE Striker being sold at BL; I rarely go there. I agree landing gear is nice, but I'm not sure I would go out of my way to buy this other version - since I already have the regular one.

Quote Originally Posted by ThallJoben View Post
    I had no idea there was a different version of the TIE Striker being sold at BL; I rarely go there. I agree landing gear is nice, but I'm not sure I would go out of my way to buy this other version - since I already have the regular one.
    Just to be clear the value line Striker is a smaller toy. It's not action figure scale. I would say it is more of an Action Fleet type of toy, although, it doesn't accommodate a figure. It's just a basic toy you can swoosh around.

Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263