Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 459

Thread: Rogue One - General Film Discussion Thread

  1. #1

    Rogue One - General Film Discussion Thread

    Please use this thread to discuss any general news or information related to Rogue One film, this thread will be the only film discussion thread in this section.


    If your remaining Spoiler Free, it'd be best to stay clear. Spoilers maybe posted if pictures or info has been released, otherwise warning tags need to be applied.

  2. #2
    Is Jyn Erso a good guy? I get the feeling there might be a double cross...
    That trailer shot of her being headed off by the TIE Figher at close quarter looks awfully like she might be making her escape and getting rescued by her Imperial buddies?
    She doesn't draw her blaster...

    Not at all familiar with any of the extended universe. So I have no idea what the character is all about. Just some thoughts on what I see as a possible twist, also based on the fact she wears a TIE Pilot uniform in the teaser.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Palitoy_DS_1971 View Post
    Is Jyn Erso a good guy? I get the feeling there might be a double cross...
    That trailer shot of her being headed off by the TIE Figher at close quarter looks awfully like she might be making her escape and getting rescued by her Imperial buddies?
    She doesn't draw her blaster...
    No. I think the scene is the exact opposite of what you describe. That's likely her finall act of reaching the top of the transmission tower, when it looks like she will finally be able to send the DS plans, surprise one final obstacle!

    My guess she, sends the plans, but whoever is in that Tie cuts her down. She dies a hero


    Quote Originally Posted by Palitoy_DS_1971 View Post
    also based on the fact she wears a TIE Pilot uniform in the teaser.
    Both Jyn and Cassian Andor can be scene wearing imperial disguises, they likely use them to infiltrate the base, and steal the DS plans.



    Quote Originally Posted by Palitoy_DS_1971 View Post
    Not at all familiar with any of the extended universe. So I have no idea what the character is all about. Just some thoughts on what I see as a possible twist, ...
    No this is not an expanded universe story or characters. Although there are some parallels to Jyn Erso/Jan Orse, Cassian Andor/Kyle Kattarn of the Dark Forces game, which covered a similar plot of the Rebels stealing the plans, , R1 is completley it's own telling of events in the original opening crawl.

  4. #4
    It's been too long since I read it, but I was thinking there seems to be some pretty good parallels between what we've seen for Rogue One and the ending of the old EU novel "Rebel Dawn". If my books weren't in storage I would go look and be certain. Jyn Erso might be closer to Bria Tharen then Jan Orrs. wow now I am feeling old, it's been close to twenty years since I read that book.


    And a little warning of sorts, if you haven't seen it already. Some of you might want to avoid watching the new international trailer for Rogue One. There was a pretty big, although brief, reveal in it that felt like a big spoiler that I would have rather seen in theaters than in a trailer.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatta View Post
    And a little warning of sorts, if you haven't seen it already. Some of you might want to avoid watching the new international trailer for Rogue One. There was a pretty big, although brief, reveal in it that felt like a big spoiler that I would have rather seen in theaters than in a trailer.
    If it's what I assume you're talking about, Mads Mikkelsen spoiled it in a widely circulated international interview, months back, so they probably felt comfortable, expanding on that in the international trailer.

  6. #6
    Somewhere there was also a scene of Jyn near the transmission tower where she has her blaster drawn and then jumps down to avoid a blast, so who knows how that scene will all play out.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

    I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

  7. #7
    Excited for the new movie, looks good from what we have so far. Love the looks of the buildings, and of course the tank. Not looking forward to the poor figure offerings we look to get at this point. I like the six inch figures, but without some playsets or vehicles its tough to get behind them.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SWFANFL View Post
    Excited for the new movie, looks good from what we have so far. Love the looks of the buildings, and of course the tank. Not looking forward to the poor figure offerings we look to get at this point. I like the six inch figures, but without some playsets or vehicles its tough to get behind them.
    Agree here. I'm really excited about this, but a huge part of the SW experience of a new film has always been the toys to go with it. Hasbro's offerings are truly disappointing and that makes me a lot less excited about this film.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

    I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper31 View Post
    Agree here. I'm really excited about this, but a huge part of the SW experience of a new film has always been the toys to go with it. Hasbro's offerings are truly disappointing and that makes me a lot less excited about this film.
    How do we know the toys are going to be disappointing?
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Idpullthecurtain View Post
    How do we know the toys are going to be disappointing?
    Haven't you seen the scaled down U-Wing troop transporter?
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

    I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •