Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Funko POP: Dark Crystal & Labyrinth

Funko POP: Dark Crystal & Labyrinth

Is anyone collecting the Funko POP: Dark Crystal & Labyrinth lines? I saw my first DC POP figure at TRU, Jen - but I passed on it, not a fan of those blank faces. I like the Mystic and Chamberlain though. As for Labyrinth, I don't believe those have been released, though I'm very interested in Ludo. I'm planning on picking him up, and he'll be my first POP figure.

Ludo looks like he will fit in with 3.75 figures OK. I'm surprised they gave Jareth a bulge.
    The Mystic and Chamberlain look tempting (if I can't find the Reaction versions).

I would rather they do a 3.75" line. I'm not about to get wrapped up into another line/scale/whatever.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    I would rather they do a 3.75" line. I'm not about to get wrapped up into another line/scale/whatever.
    They are doing a 3.75 Dark Crystal assortment in the reaction line, and they look fantastic. I actually picked up the first release today at TRU - Landstrider w/ Jen.

Last edited by darth_sidious; 08-10-2016 at 06:26 PM.

I got the Pop Vinyl bobblehead Jen figure a few days ago. Cute figure with the crystal shard in the hand. Im tempted to order a couple more such as Kira and maybe a third one maybe Augra or the Chamberlain

Those actually do look pretty good. I just hope the final product does too. I haven't been too impressed with the other offerings from them so far.

On a different note. Anyone think this movie is due for a update/remake/reboot, or whatever they're calling it? I'm guessing sequel is out of teh question.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

I bought Jen and Kira Pop Vinyl figures for my daughter. The film is special to us; in addition to watching the movie several times together, I read to her from my copy of "The World of the Dark Crystal" by Brian Froud. Will definitely have to pick up the 3.75" line for myself, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Those actually do look pretty good. I just hope the final product does too. I haven't been too impressed with the other offerings from them so far.

On a different note. Anyone think this movie is due for a update/remake/reboot, or whatever they're calling it? I'm guessing sequel is out of teh question.
    As with most remakes, I seriously doubt they could capture the charm and magic of the original.

A second movie was in the works a few years ago, called "Power of the Dark Crystal", but it was shelved for some reason. They have a story, preproduction art and designs, and even some sculpting work from Froud. Hopefully they'll continue where they left off at some point.

As for Funko, I don't collect the pops or the reaction figures, but that's changing with Dark Crystal. The DC reaction figures have better sculpting and deco than anything else I've seen them do. The same goes for the pops - I've never seen one of those with that level of detail. I'm sticking to the reaction figures, because I prefer the realistic sculpts, but I am tempted to buy at least one pop, the Mystic.

Quote Originally Posted by darth_sidious View Post
    but I am tempted to buy at least one pop, the Mystic.
    ​careful! Its a slippery slope.
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast