Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: new love for 12 inch line

new love for 12 inch line

I moved on to collecting the 12 inch or large SW figures line and I have to say, I'm having a good time with it. I'm surprised these never really took off. Guess they weren't a big seller seeing how they only made 12 figures while the rest of the other lines kept going. During my venture of building my original 96 collection, I was eyeing the 12 inch line, but didn't give into the temptation of going off target. Lol. I'm off to a good start so far with more than half in my hands. I did manage to end up with some 12 inch accessories while buying lots and I was smart enough to hold onto them.

Anyway, how many other collectors here are into this line? I find these easy to clean and they display well.
    F.S.C.M.E. Vintage Toy Collector. TOYMANS FEEDBACK http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1113796/

I love 'em. Working on completing my set - still hunting for a MIB Stormtrooper, Han Solo, IG-88 and Vader.

-Snags
    "I've got a bad feeling about this."

i collect the vintage 12" and have the following.

4 boba fett (3 complete), 2 Darth Vaders (1 complete), 2 Han Solo (1 complete), 1 luke (missing light sabre), 2 jawa complete, and 1 C3P0.

I recently purchased some sideshow stands to display them.
    Last edited by HIHanSolo; 07-26-2016 at 01:21 AM.

I only remember having a couple of the Vintage 12" back in the day - the smiling Luke Skywalker (Tattoine outfit - the only one released) & possibly Darth Vader. These were expensive to a little kid without much spending money, and I don't remember seeing them in stores that often, either. I do remember they stopped production in 1980-ish, not long after ESB came out. There definitely weren't any ROTJ 12" Vintage figures.

Growing up back in the '80's, I do remember seeing glimpses of these 12" figures over the years - typically @ the houses of other kids who had them. I do remember that the Stormtrooper had a string on his belt that could hold the laser gun; and the Chewbacca had individual laser cartridges that fit on his bandolier - which were easily lost. I also remember that the R2-D2 had "Death Star Plans" that could somehow slide into the figure.

In any case, the 12" Vintage figures were/are definitely rare, and some of my most-wanted collectibles over the years. Though, as a kid I could never afford to buy any @ secondary market prices - and would have had a hard time finding them even if I could afford them.

IIRC, the rarest one is the IG-88, which was one of the last produced. This is an extremely HTF toy, and one I don't think I've ever seen in person - or in plastic, as the case may be
    Last edited by ThallJoben; 07-26-2016 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HIHanSolo View Post
    i collect the vintage 12" and have the following.

4 boba fett (3 complete), 2 Darth Vaders (1 complete), 2 Han Solo (1 complete), 1 luke (missing light sabre), 2 jawa complete, and 1 C3P0.

I recently purchased some sideshow stands to display them.
    Can you share a photo in the cases?
    F.S.C.M.E. Vintage Toy Collector. TOYMANS FEEDBACK http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1113796/

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSnaggletooth View Post
    I love 'em. Working on completing my set - still hunting for a MIB Stormtrooper, Han Solo, IG-88 and Vader.

-Snags
    yeah me too! I'm having more fun with these than I did collecting most of the 96. Once I passed the getting the figures I always loved as well as some ships and playsets that is. The 96 was the goal and some of my favorite ships. Still missing the hoth play sets, imperial base and probot. Have the laser and cannon, taun taun and wampa. The 12 inch line is just way too cool in my eyes. It's fun to clean them up and get them back to shape.

Great idea for a thread.

I recently decided to complete my run of 12" figures as well, and have had some good luck lately. I had a Stormtrooper (from my childhood collection), Boba Fett, IG-88, Darth Vader, C-3P0 and R2-D2, all complete, and recently added Ben Kenobi, Han Solo, Chewbacca, and Luke Skywalker in box. I'm particularly happy to have them all complete with accessories, including Ben's saber, Han's medal, Luke's grappling hook, and ALL of Chewie's bowcaster ammo cartridges.

Still looking for Leia and a Jawa!

Cheers

d.

I have a chewy, jawa, 3po,luke,vader, leia and stormtrooper all complete. Leia doesn't have the comb, brush or styling book (but those are for girls lol) I have a great ben but missing the saber. Still searching for that! I also have a boba but the only accessory he has is the belt. I'm going to the Tampa comic con next week, so maybe I will find some parts or figures there. I have some spare parts as well. Chewy bow caster with a cartridge, jawa band oiler, a spare luke missing saber and hook and a jawa missing everything.
    Last edited by toyman941; 07-26-2016 at 06:26 PM.

While searching in Google for 12 inch star wars, I stumbled across the never released line of 12 inch. I caught a pic of lando however he was dressed in his bespin outfit and his head was an unpainted protype. There was also a bespin leia, a ceramony luke with his medal from the end of ANH dawning black plants, black boots and his tan jacket. Last but not least was hoth han. I did see a few different lukes and leias but they were wearing funny clothes like bright red suits and other off colors so I'm not sure about those. I have no luck when it comes to posting links so if anyone can post one, it would be of help. It was a fun thread to read and looked pretty do able if someone wanted to make some custom 12 inch figures. All 3 figures were the same base figure, but just had new outfits. Maybe that was the catalyst for the end of the line. Instead of adding new figures along with lando, they just changed the outfit and became cumbersome. I'm guessing kenner bigwigs weren't too impressed with the sales and decided to drop it. Either way, they left us with a nice line to enjoy.

I've got them all loose and complete with the exception of IG-88, and at $70-$90 per weapon, he will probably remain incomplete, and I'm okay with that.

There aren't many variants that I'm aware of, but there is an interesting couple of different bandoliers produced for 12" Chewbacca.

Also want to add that although not technically part of the 12" line, vintage Yoda puppet looks great when he is thrown in the mix.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast