Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: new love for 12 inch line

Never had the 12" line as a kid, but I do collect them. I even had fun repairing a few Toy Polloi style!

I got my first ones for Christmas of 2013. By that following April I had the whole nice, complete, loose set. Plus Yoda Puppet

Last edited by Snowbi_Wan; 10-04-2019 at 12:25 PM.

They make a great display , don't they ,!!,

Same with me , once I got my first , I kept going till I had them all.

I'm only missing leias comb and booklet. I found her brush in a barbie doll accessories lot. Cost 10.00 bucks. I have been looking for the same deal.
    F.S.C.M.E. Vintage Toy Collector. TOYMANS FEEDBACK http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1113796/

Has anyone come across custom clothing for these. I did use the x wing wardrobe for luke and it came out pretty cool. Also the ceremony but I didn't finish yet.
    F.S.C.M.E. Vintage Toy Collector. TOYMANS FEEDBACK http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1113796/

Here's what I've done so far. I have 1 more undressed Luke that I would like to make a bespin out of.

I also have 2 Leia and 1 Han

These are hasbro wardrobes . In my opinion, the best customs should match the originals, meaning, side by side, they should look consistent with each other. I had to pull out the liner of the helmet to make it fit. I'm also going to give it a paint job and make it clean white.

Seeing how these are customs, I was thinking about using some repro parts to complete them . I want to use the original style saber and not the hasbro ones. I can modify the hasbro holsters and paint the original boots with craft paint.

I think I would like a hoth Leia and I wold love to find a bespin dress .

Han will be hoth as well.
    Last edited by toyman941; 10-06-2019 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toyman941 View Post

Here's what I've done so far. I have 1 more undressed Luke that I would like to make a bespin out of.

I also have 2 Leia and 1 Han

These are hasbro wardrobes . In my opinion, the best customs should match the originals, meaning, side by side, they should look consistent with each other. I had to pull out the liner of the helmet to make it fit. I'm also going to give it a paint job and make it clean white.

Seeing how these are customs, I was thinking about using some repro parts to complete them . I want to use the original style saber and not the hasbro ones. I can modify the hasbro holsters and paint the original boots with craft paint.

I think I would like a hoth Leia and I wold love to find a bespin dress .

Han will be hoth as well.
    These are nice, only the Vintage outfits had less detailing and looked less movie-accurate - there's a Six Million Dollar Man helmet that you may be able to modify for a simpler X-Wing helmet and the Ceremonial Luke uses the same pants as the original Han anyway. There are some Six Million Dollar Man outfits that may be able to be dyed and/or modified to help for the different Luke & Han outfits also, and (although more difficult) check Darci for Leia...they're all the same era as Vintage SW so the look is sympathetic. I can't think of much that resembles Leia Bespin, though.

-M
    WTB: Painted POTF, DROIDS & EWOKS coins!

"A man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play" - J.M. Barrie.

Snowbi_Wan that's a great looking display!!!

I will have to post a picture of my set that I've got displayed when I get home.

toyman941, those are some great looking customs if you find a bespin dress for leia here's a tutorial on how to do the hair https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LtqzkVEq0s
    Looking To Buy or Trade For: R2D2 Lunch Pail Prototype By Thermos

Cool, thanks guys. good info

This is what I'm going for. The original non released definitely looks like it's a plastic suit. Very shiny. I can dumb my version down by removing some details. The helmets look pretty close but I will take a look at the bionic man's version. It needs a paint job for sure.

I think I can use the han pants and shirt but I will need to dye the shirt. I can also dye the jacket and remove some details to make it look closer to the original non released version.

I have seen custom bespin dressed vintage leias before , but they were older canceled listings. I have been keeping an eye out for these.

I have the ability to sew and make closer to original clothing, however , I also want to respect the fact these aren't available and I don't really want to fully bootleg them. I can still get a close enough version using 90's releases and add a touch of 70s to the finish
    Last edited by toyman941; 10-07-2019 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawajawa827 View Post
    Snowbi_Wan that's a great looking display!!!
    Thanks. That's not even my current display of them. They are in a display case now. I'll have to take a current pic tonight
    Last edited by Snowbi_Wan; 10-09-2019 at 08:33 AM.

Awesome can't wait to see them!
    Here is my display, ig88s a little hidden in the back though
    Last edited by Jawajawa827; 10-09-2019 at 08:32 PM.
    Looking To Buy or Trade For: R2D2 Lunch Pail Prototype By Thermos

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast