Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration Orlando: Exclusives

id fricking love a 40+ pin set of Skottie Young. they would make great pins. I dont think its Katie. I'm not familiar with Jake Art.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxGoof View Post
    Does anyone know whose art that R2-D2 on the pin is? Jake Art, Skottie Young, Katie Cook? The style looks familiar.
    Unfortunately, Hasbro has publicly stated in the past that they will only bring their store + exclusives to SDCC. Celebrations have just been a place to show off new product (and with new movie secrecy, not a whole lot of that). It used to be great when they would have a few exclusives per Celebration, and even some non-exclusive items that were available early (UGH Vintage foil figures + rocket firing Boba Fett).

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_the_Lesser View Post
    You can bet on exclusive POP figures from Funko, and most likely a 6" Black Series figure from Hasbro.

Unfortunately, Hasbro has publicly stated in the past that they will only bring their store + exclusives to SDCC. Celebrations have just been a place to show off new product (and with new movie secrecy, not a whole lot of that). It used to be great when they would have a few exclusives per Celebration, and even some non-exclusive items that were available early (UGH Vintage foil figures + rocket firing Boba Fett).

Quote Originally Posted by bf3000 View Post
    I don't understand. Didn't Hasbro set up show and bring their exclusive Kylo Ren figure to last year's Celebration just 6 months ago, and the Boba Fett & Carbonite Han before that, and earlier exclusives like Fixer & Camie even before that? I don't remember Hasbro saying they wouldn't bring exclusives to Celebration. =\

Is there a change in who has the Star Wars Figure License? I see Mattel as an exhibitor instead of Hasbro. Do both of them have the license because it's so big?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxGoof View Post
    I don't understand. Didn't Hasbro set up show and bring their exclusive Kylo Ren figure to last year's Celebration just 6 months ago, and the Boba Fett & Carbonite Han before that, and earlier exclusives like Fixer & Camie even before that? I don't remember Hasbro saying they wouldn't bring exclusives to Celebration. =\
    That Kylo Ren was sold at the Forbidden Planet booth, not Hasbro. I don't think Hasbro even had their own booth there? I could be wrong though, since it is not something i'm interested in.
    I did get 2 Kylo's, but those weren't for me.
    I liked the way they handled that, though. You had to get in line to get 1 ticket for that exclusive BEFORE you got into the show, so no queueing inside. So basically you had to choose which chute you were going to qeueu in first.....one of the celebration stage panels , or the exclusive. You could only get 1 exclusive per day, but ofcourse there were people who got through that line multiple times.

Interested to see if they're doing the same thing in Orlando, no qeueuing inside (at least not until later if you want a good seat), but before opening.
    "If you're going to have to admit to carrying a hold-out blaster, carry two and admit to one."

My feedback: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1039041/

Forgot to add that tickets to the celebration stage panels and the exclusive were starting to be handed out at around 6 am each morning. So since i had VIP i could simply pick up my ticket for the exclusive (which had a short queue, since everyone else made the panel queues their priority), and go back to the hotel to sleep a few more hours and have breakfast.
    Then at 9:30 i could go in early, and leisurely walk to the FP booth and pick up the figure without a hassle, since they were selling them from 9:30.
    "If you're going to have to admit to carrying a hold-out blaster, carry two and admit to one."

My feedback: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1039041/

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBaldylox View Post
    id fricking love a 40+ pin set of Skottie Young. they would make great pins. I dont think its Katie. I'm not familiar with Jake Art.
    The thing I realized after the last con is with each pin costing $10 + tax collecting the whole set turned out to be $400+ dollars. I got them all framed and it's probably one of my most expensive collectibles now lol. I just can't rationalize spending that kind of money on pins again.

OK how many exclusives are we usually talking about here...kinda overwhelming for a newbie!

Are we going to know ahead of time what exclusives each brand will have? Will there be advertisements? Or do we have to wait until we get there...

Hasbro stated in one of those online blog session with some of the news sites, they were having something at the show.

As for confirmed, Koto is the only one and even they have only showed a crappy preview.

Funko twitter was posting they have one of the big 9" deluxes for SWC, 2 prequel pops and 1 rebels. so thats on par for them. they've typically had 4 pops plus hikaris.

Nothing from Lego, Hallmark or Hot Wheels yet either.

Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast