Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration Orlando: Tips & Tricks

Celebration Orlando: Tips & Tricks

If you've ever attended a Star Wars Celebration before, this is the place to share your vast knowledge of what new fans can expect and to possibly help someone out.
    Convention Autographs & Internet Sales - Official Pix by C2 Ventures
    Administrator - The Registry
    Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
    President - Tampa Star Wars Club

I know it's early but I'm curious to what other people think:

If you could only bring five things with you into the Convention Center, what would they be? (other than money/wallet, phone, badge)
    "Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Quote Originally Posted by Kenobi77 View Post

If you could only bring five things with you into the Convention Center, what would they be? (other than money/wallet, phone, badge)
    Bottled water
    Tote bag/backpack
    Poster tubes are helpful if you plan on getting any kind of prints/photos
    A lightsaber
    Comfortable shoes
    Last edited by starwarsisgood; 07-27-2016 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by starwarsisgood View Post
    Bottled water
    Tote bag/backpack
    Poster tubes are helpful if you plan on getting any kind of prints/photos
    A lightsaber
    Comfortable shoes
    Exchange the lightsaber for a portable phone battery charger and I agree...

Quote Originally Posted by Hutt View Post
    Exchange the lightsaber for a portable phone battery charger and I agree...
    A charger is a good idea. I've been to several cons where my battery is under 10% by the end of the day.

Sliver/Gray Sharpie for signatures as not all guests will have that color. The Walgreens closest to CVII Anaheim was sold out quick.

I agree a poster tube comes in handy and is a must, along with a backpack and water.
    Last edited by ISDAvenger; 07-27-2016 at 10:21 PM.
    Lego ISD "Avenger"
    "Don't under estimate the power of the Dark Side"

If you buy collectibles.. is there a on-site shipping service?

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial1973 View Post
    If you buy collectibles.. is there a on-site shipping service?
    Yes, there is a FedEx store inside the OCCC. If you can pack it yourself though by getting some supplies from vendors on the last day, you'll save a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenobi77 View Post

definitely wear comfortable shoes and clothing. it can get hot in the convention area with all the guests.
    phone charger always comes in handy
    silver and black sharpies
    if you can shrink you wallet down its for the best. limit yourself to maybe 1-2 credit cards and cash. the rest you can leave in the hotel safe

if you are going to be wearing a costume to the convention try to incorporate all of your personal items into the costume by a belt or pouch system. (I did Luke Skywalker from Shadows of the Empire so my belt held my phone, wallet, and charger)

also plan out your day so you can maximize your time and enjoy the show. use the Celebration app or guide. it really works and helps to keep you on schedule.
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

Yeah making sure you have a good schedule is key for panels as well, especially the main stage! You'll want to get in line early to ensure you're there!
    "He's no good to me dead."-Boba Fett

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast