Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration Orlando: Tips & Tricks

Hello

I've joined the forum today to try and gather some information ahead of Celebration - by complete chance my family and I are coming to Florida for a Disney holiday, I've managed to duck out of going to either Aquatica or Seaworld so I can come to my first ever Celebration ( actually my first ever convention with more than 10 people and a dog )

I have a whole host of questions that seasoned visitors will know for certain and wondered if you guys could help a newbie

As some background before my questions - my sole focus is autographs, in particular the bigger stars that don't come to my northern area of England very often

- I can only come for 1 day, either Thursday or Saturday. Apart from Saturday costing an extra $10 and possibly more people in each queue, which day would you recommend ?

- For getting autographs do I need to buy a ticket in advance or on the day or do I just go and stand in a queue all day ( I'm British queing comes naturally )

- Is it feasible to think I can get Hamill, Fisher, Daniels, McDiarmid and Mayhew all in that one day ?

I am so excited about the possibility of getting to Celebration and meeting some of the bigger stars, just busy saving now to try and get the 5 that I want + maybe having some left over to meet Ray Park or Jeremy Bulloch

Thanks for any advice

Mal Skelton

For starters, I'd read this. This is the procedure from the last celebration in Europe. It's possible it could change for Orlando, but this is a good place to start.

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/G...aphs-You-Want/

Quote Originally Posted by skelton_sith View Post
    - I can only come for 1 day, either Thursday or Saturday. Apart from Saturday costing an extra $10 and possibly more people in each queue, which day would you recommend ?

- For getting autographs do I need to buy a ticket in advance or on the day or do I just go and stand in a queue all day ( I'm British queing comes naturally )

- Is it feasible to think I can get Hamill, Fisher, Daniels, McDiarmid and Mayhew all in that one day ?
    1) Thursday for sure. Less crowded and the Episode 8 trailer, if we're getting one, should be revealed then.
    2) If they offer the tickets in advance, buy them for sure. Day of ticket lines are usually very bad.
    3) It's unlikely that all of them will be attending, and even if they are, that they'll be available on the same day. Take a look at the Celebration Europe schedule as an example: https://futureofstarwars.wordpress.c...ration-europe/

Thursday is less crowded and therefore easier to get autographs. Though you should consider, that if the actors are otherwise committed, then it is more likely, that it will be Thursday/Friday, that they can't come, rather than for it to be during the weekend.

Like TK-421 says, if tickets for autographs is offered in advance, then go for them for sure. And sooner rather than later, as admittance to the actor may depend upon how soon you bought the ticket.

I would say, that it is highly unlikely, that you can see those five in one day. They were all there for the previous two US Celebrations, though at CVI in 2012 Ian wasn't signing Thursday, and Carrie only attended Saturday and Sunday.
    And on the day, nothing bad said about Carrie, she is great fun to meet, but she is also most likely to be late - like half an hour and at one time I think even two hours late, so I recommend not getting in line for her first.
    And if at all possible, get virtual queue tickets for all you want to meet at the earliest possible time. If virtual queue tickets is being used, and you don't get all of them before getting in line for the first actor, then you can pretty much forget the rest.
    Peter Mayhew will likely have the shortest queue, so at the end of the day, when you can see, that there is no time for one of the other four, then there may still be time for Peter (no guarantees though).

Whether your number in the queue depends upon how soon you bought the autograph ticket (if offered) or a virtual queue ticket picked up on site (if offered) depends upon the organiser.
    And if autograph tickets are offered in advance, then please note, that they are likely not refundable, so unless you know someone else there, that you can sell leftovers to, then I recommend considering very hard whether it is best to buy all and maybe loose out because you don't have more time, or only buy some and then loose out because you had the time, but no autograph ticket with low number or no time for standing in line both for getting an autograph ticket AND for getting the autograph.

And not to worry. British or other, if you are there solely for autographs, then you will be standing in queues all day. Especially with the ones you wish to meet.

for people who are familiar with the convention center, do they have lockers there available for general use?

I saw they were listed as a perk for people with VIP tickets, but what about everyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by redwillow View Post
    for people who are familiar with the convention center, do they have lockers there available for general use?

I saw they were listed as a perk for people with VIP tickets, but what about everyone else?
    I don't believe there are lockers. I do remember they had a luggage holding place on Sunday for those who were leaving for the airport directly after the convention.
    "Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Looks like there's a bag and coat check. That's probably the best you'll do.

https://www.occc.net/attendee/services.asp

Does anyone know if they will be serving beer inside in Orlando? I know they had it in Anaheim, but I've never attended a Celebration in Florida.
    |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

The 5 S's.....

1) Shoes (comfortable)
    2) Sharpies (for autographs)
    3) Snacks! (pack some, bottled water too...)
    4) Spending Money.. you'll need it there!
    5) Star Wars SMILE.... It's why you're there. Enjoy it! Plan your day(s) out!

And YES, they've served beer in the past. The ICEBAR Orlando (from CV in Orlando) was upstairs that had a Hoth theme in the OCCC. FWIR carts on the convention center floor had beer....

MTFBWY.

I like having Lunch Pre-packed with no refrigeration needed foods before I leave the hotel room. It means I can control when I get lunch instead of when I get Hungry losing an hour of time in a convention Center line. I prefer things such as Canned Tuna Salad and Chicken Salad along with bread, Fruit, Chips or other non-perishable snacks.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast