Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration Orlando: Beforehand, Afterhours & Afterwards

Celebration Orlando: Beforehand, Afterhours & Afterwards

Fans are always looking for something more to do after the show closes each day. Use this section to discuss forum member meet ups, dinners, swap meets, theme park outings, etc.
    Convention Autographs & Internet Sales - Official Pix by C2 Ventures
    Administrator - The Registry
    Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
    President - Tampa Star Wars Club

RFR announced last week that their party is set for Wednesday night, April 12th and that details will be coming within a month.

As an FYI for any fitness enthusiasts or runners, the runDisney Half Marathon - The Dark Side event takes place the week following Celebration. Registration opens on August 9th.

Check out the event site here: http://www.rundisney.com/star-wars-wdw-half-marathon/

I'll be taking part (as will Chris Wyman and a few other forum members, I believe).
    Last edited by The_Chosen_1; 07-27-2016 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Chosen_1 View Post
    As an FYI for any fitness enthusiasts or runners, the runDisney Half Marathon - The Dark Side event takes place the week following Celebration. Registration opens on August 9th.

Check out the event site here: http://www.rundisney.com/star-wars-wdw-half-marathon/

I'll be taking part (as will Chris Wyman and a few other forum members, I believe).
    Absolutely! Would't miss it.
    Convention Autographs & Internet Sales - Official Pix by C2 Ventures
    Administrator - The Registry
    Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
    President - Tampa Star Wars Club

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wyman View Post
    Absolutely! Would't miss it.
    I was planning in doing this dark side challenge until they announced Celebration. It's too much at once. I can't take that much time off of work. If it's a choice between running myself to death at a con or running myself to death in a marathon, I'll choose the con any day.
    www.heroministries.org

"To me, She's royalty!"

Yeah, it's tough to swing unless your work situation is flexible. (Luckily I'll be able to work remotely the few days between Celebration and runDisney, or it wouldn't happen for me).

Quote Originally Posted by The_Chosen_1 View Post

Me and my wife will be there...again. Leaving on Sunday after the Celebration and coming back that Thursday. Only did the 5k & 10k last time. Going for the 5k and Dark Side Challenge this time! Never did more than a 10k, do you think they'll let me "run" the half marathon in a Jazzy?
    Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try!
    My Trade Feedback
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by JediEddy View Post
    Me and my wife will be there...again. Leaving on Sunday after the Celebration and coming back that Thursday. Only did the 5k & 10k last time. Going for the 5k and Dark Side Challenge this time! Never did more than a 10k, do you think they'll let me "run" the half marathon in a Jazzy?
    I did the Dark Side Challenge this year and it's all about pacing yourself. The run-walk-run that is promoted on the rundisney website works. Just know that the 'slower' you go, the less likely you will be to do character stops. I did more landmark stops than characters since there wasn't really a line for those.
    "Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast