Page 1 of 66 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration Orlando: Guests

Celebration Orlando: Guests

There are no guests to discuss yet, but that doesn't mean you can't start speculating!

Well, actually...Dave Filoni, Gareth Edwards and Rian Johnson all said they would be going, so at least there's that.
    Convention Autographs & Internet Sales - Official Pix by C2 Ventures
    Administrator - The Registry
    Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
    President - Tampa Star Wars Club

I would love to see some of the new cast. It'd be nice if they'd sign and do photps. One can dream.

That being said, for the really popular guests, they should really limit it to one thing signed IMO. Most do, but there are always some that have quite a few and they slow down the line. If you have more, it should have to be dropped off.
    TK/TB/CC/ST-5400 - Feedback
    Facebook Page: Deathstar's Random - YouTube Channel: Deathstar's Random
    Join the Anime thread!

Hoping that OPix gets to do the Hall this year. Really want to do the drop-off instead of waiting in lines in case any of the new guests sign this year. Those lines will be massive if they do.

Anyone who went to London, did the company running the autograph hall do drop-offs?

@deathstar1000 I totally agree, we need to see some NEW people signing in the autograph area. I have been to 6 Celebrations now and it seems to be the same and the same over and over again. I understand, that we are talking about fan favorites and all, but come on. I miss the days of CIV with more than 50 guests and quite reasonable prices. There is LOADS of people from the old movies, the new movies and the cartoons that could be invited - even if Disney doesn't want people involved with the newest movies, there is still many many more who have never been to Celebration. So who ever is doing the autograph hall next year, I hope at least half the guest will be new to Celebration.

I am not expecting 15 headliners in line with Ewan McGregor, Samuel L. Jackson and Daisy Ridley, but one or two would be nice and then just some of the supporting actors/actresses or some of the movie crew as long as they are new to Celebration I will be happy.

@Navarr I know they had a preorder thing going on, but I don't know about a drop-off. But why wouldn't you want to be present when the autograph is signed anyway? Instead of the drop-off, I would rather they focus on maintaining a virtual queue system. At Celebration Anaheim 2015 some the guests had crazy long lines with no crew to be seen and no virtual queue tickets in effect. At Celebration Europe 2016 the most busy guests had an enclosure to keep the lines limited and no one was lining up outside those enclosures. The only line problem they had was with the amount of people wanting to pay with credit card who had to get vouchers first.

And because they were so much better at line control, getting an autograph didn't have to take several hours. I got Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher myself and I feel these line were much better handled than some of the lines I have been in at US Celebration making it more desirable to get the autograph in person - and in my case getting the autograph at all, as I only want autographs that I get in person. I used to do some send ins, which I consider the same as drop-off, but now it's about standing in front of the person whos autograph I am getting, and getting it dedicated. I made sure both Mark and Carrie was dedicating before getting line and if I had found out, that they were not dedicating, then I wouldn't have gotten their autograph - that's how weird I have gotten in my time of collecting autographs. And as for Al Lampert (the only guest I hadn't met before), if he hadn't dedicated and allowed photos at the table, then I wouldn't have gotten his autograph either.

I have been going to conventions for many, many years now and have met just about everyone (or worked with them while volunteering with OPIX) minus the new crew. I buy new prints that I want to get autographs on and really don't need to be present for the older cast to sign them. I really have no desire to spend hours standing in line that I can spend on the convention floor or going to some interesting panels/presentations. It would be great if some of the new people from 7/8 or Rouge 1 showed up. I "might" pick a couple of them out to meet in person if they do show up but I've seen the lines/stood in the lines and don't really feel the need to do it.

Fair enough. It's not that I enjoy standing in line. I have just come to the point, that if I can't be bothered to spend the time in a line to get it, then it's not important enough to get. And trust me, there has been many of those.

And I totally agree, we need some guests from present trilogy and stand alone movies. But I believe someone wrote, that it was Disney who didn't want to allow the new actors to sign yet. Maybe they don't wanna risk the actors getting the third degree from fans with possible spoilers floating around. Anyway it can't last forever and other conventions don't seem to have problems getting the new cast to do signings.

I was really surprised that none of the new actors did signings at London. I had tickets and that was one of the hopes I had but airfare kept us home. I watched the live stream and was kind of glad I saved money for Orlando by not going.

I hope that with R1 being out for several months they will let that cast sign. I'm really excited for all of the new characters in that movie. It will also give a new direction for the artists and costumers to work with.

I think we are seeing the downside to Disney with their control over the actors (and other issues) if that's the case. The upside is we get all the new movies though. I do hope for new blood in the autograph halls though.

Quote Originally Posted by Navarr View Post
    I was really surprised that none of the new actors did signings at London. I had tickets and that was one of the hopes I had but airfare kept us home. I watched the live stream and was kind of glad I saved money for Orlando by not going.

I hope that with R1 being out for several months they will let that cast sign. I'm really excited for all of the new characters in that movie. It will also give a new direction for the artists and costumers to work with.

I think we are seeing the downside to Disney with their control over the actors (and other issues) if that's the case. The upside is we get all the new movies though. I do hope for new blood in the autograph halls though.
    I'm with you there. If there isn't anyone 'new' I'll be saving a lot of money.
    "Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

First choice...Daisy Ridley & John Boyega together photo op. ...please?

Quote Originally Posted by Hutt View Post
    First choice...Daisy Ridley & John Boyega together photo op. ...please?
    One can dream, although I cringe to think what they would charge.

Page 1 of 66 1231151 ... LastLast