Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration Orlando: Art

Yeah, I saw that Spencer and Dorman are a no, and heard Staggs and Gould are out as well

Who exactly is on this committee? I might want a word

Quote Originally Posted by no_hands View Post
    Yeah, I saw that Spencer and Dorman are a no, and heard Staggs and Gould are out as well

Who exactly is on this committee? I might want a word
    Cat Staggs is doing Wonder Woman 77 and Bionic Woman along with a couple of other comics. She may not have even applied due to already being committed to a comic Con that weekend or coming off of one. Her work is pretty wanted in comics at the moment.

A good friend of mine got his acceptance. He will remain nameless for now but I am excited for him

a couple artists have posted on the FB group as well. so atleast some news is 'leaking' out. lol

Can't wait to see the art choices. Great to see familiar names as well as fresh faces. Is this a record for the number of artists at a US Celebration? Gonna have to save up some more money.
    James Earl Jones: "I've one thing to say to people like you...I like Star Wars too!"

The Big Bang Theory-Season 7, Episode 14

High Admiral

Antman, the number of artists on this list is not even close to the numbers at CIV & CV. Each of those had artists numbering into the mid to upper 40s.

That being said, there are over 30 artists for CVIII, and that's nothing to sneeze at.

Karen Hallion was rejected but she's selling her submission in her etsy store for the time being
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/5050408..._home_active_6

Good selection of artists this round. Although the absence if Tsuneo Sanda an Dave Dorman is disappointing. Those two are SW art legends. Their inclusion should be given.
    Dear Disney, if you want to bring back the SW Fan Club -contact me.

Its doubtful Dorman even submitted, he and his wife have been very publicly vocal about their disdain for larger conventions and how they have changed to their disliking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_the_Lesser View Post
    Good selection of artists this round. Although the absence if Tsuneo Sanda an Dave Dorman is disappointing. Those two are SW art legends. Their inclusion should be given.
    I seek Yoda. Collect him I must. Sell to me your production and preproduction Yoda items you will. Vintage it is, yes yes. Mmm hehehe.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast