Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Celebration Orlando: Exhibitors

Quote Originally Posted by kylophone View Post
    I don't know if this is the right thread but I'm going to Celebration for the first time this year and I'd like to add on to my vintage figure collection.

Is it safe to assume all vintage figures will be authentic? I want to feel safe buying at Celebration, as I have no places or stores around me to buy them. Is Celebration a good place for authentic vintage or should I stay away?

Thanks
    It states very clearly in the vendor guidelines that bootleg items will NOT be tolerated. That being said, I was able to get a pirated TV series on DVD at CVI from a booth selling primarily bootleg videos.

I agree with the others though. I think the risk of being thrown out for selling fakes outweighs the money spent to sell at the show. When it comes to figures you should be pretty safe.

Do some research and learn how to spot a fake and it won't hurt. I know LEGO is easy to pirate but if you know a little about the differences it's an easy spot.
    www.heroministries.org

"To me, She's royalty!"

I don't know if this is the right thread but I'm going to Celebration for the first time this year and I'd like to add on to my vintage figure collection.

Is it safe to assume all vintage figures will be authentic? I want to feel safe buying at Celebration, as I have no places or stores around me to buy them. Is Celebration a good place for authentic vintage or should I stay away?

Thanks
    I'm sure there will be vintage. Expensive...I bet

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAlex View Post
    I want Disney to have a huge presence. I want the theme parks to have a booth, their merchandising arm to have one, publishing another, etc.....
    If Disney is there, I think it will be with Panels especially the Theme Parks. Easter Weekend is at the Peak of Spring Break, which means they don't have Cast members for a booth especially a Merchandise booth. Wouldn't be surprised if some of the Disney Travel Sellers are there to start getting people into Packages before SW Land opens at Disneyland. Wouldn't be surprised if Publishing has a booth with some of the authors there. I would be shocked if there are multiple authors there. Not sure if Merchandise would be there.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAlex View Post
    I want Disney to have a huge presence. I want the theme parks to have a booth, their merchandising arm to have one, publishing another, etc.....
    I'd like to see the digital imaging to turn you into a stormtrooper return. I was disappointed that it wasn't in Anaheim. I couldn't afford it at V or VI and it wasn't available in Anaheim. fingers crossed for Orlando '17. I also hope they do a Disney park event like they did for V. That was fun!
    www.heroministries.org

"To me, She's royalty!"

Most of the vendors are good but there are fakes sold there every time. You can't be blind when you buy and just assume. Toy Chamber, Toy Cave, Toy heaven are all very safe vendors.

Thanks
    I seek Yoda. Collect him I must. Sell to me your production and preproduction Yoda items you will. Vintage it is, yes yes. Mmm hehehe.

First time Celebration attendee here. Do vendors typically have a decent selection of Gentle Giant, Sideshow, and Kotobukiya statues at these events?

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Wire View Post
    First time Celebration attendee here. Do vendors typically have a decent selection of Gentle Giant, Sideshow, and Kotobukiya statues at these events?
    There is usually a fair amount of items from those companies at Celebration. The floor is scattered with quite a few collectible vendors. Just make notes of prices you see and shop around. Some are typically higher than others.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthWaller View Post
    There is usually a fair amount of items from those companies at Celebration. The floor is scattered with quite a few collectible vendors. Just make notes of prices you see and shop around. Some are typically higher than others.

Got it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Wire View Post

Per Sideshow customer service, they will not be selling anything at Clebration, just showing upcoming items.

Sorry but there is no celebration exclusive. We will not be selling anything at celebration. We are there to show our product in pre-order and some stuff that is coming down the pipeline.

I kind of like that they're doing that. It gives those of us that collect SS stuff a chance to see some of the pieces in pre-order in person before making a decision.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast