Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Thrawn by Timothy Zahn

I'm no too concerned with overexposure, I doubt he'll ever reach Vader's level. The reason I'm for it, is because we're due for a different Villain to focus on.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

I just got around to reading the comic version of this story, or what I asume is the comic version. Are the two stories the same, with the book flushing things out a bit or are there two different stories? I really enjoyed the story, but kept thinking there might have been a bit more in the book.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

The comic is mostly the same as the book. At least I can't think of any differences. Zahn's style is a bit down to the bown. He isn't great at detailing scenery, or even at lenghty internal dialogue, so what you have in the comic is pretty much what you'd get in the book.
    Project "Ghost Stories" - Building Star Wars: Rebels Playsets: https://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1140437
    Picture Blog: https://projectghoststories.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SpectreOne View Post
    The comic is mostly the same as the book. At least I can't think of any differences. Zahn's style is a bit down to the bown. He isn't great at detailing scenery, or even at lenghty internal dialogue, so what you have in the comic is pretty much what you'd get in the book.
    Thanks for the info. I had the feling in the comic that some of the scenes may have been shortened due to space, but overall I enjoyed the story. I might pick up the book, though.
    T
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

I was just looking at the Barnes and Noble web site and there is a tweet regarding a new Thrawn Trilogy (The Chiss Ascendancy) based on Thawn's time in the Unknown regions.

I haven't been reading too much Star Wars novels but this I find very interesting.

I wish I was more excited for Zahn's Ascendancy trilogy, but I'm just....not. I found his new Thrawn trilogy difficult to get invested in, and a bit of a slog to get through. Funny thing is, I don't remember feeling the same way about his old Legends novels. Has he lost a bit of his touch?

Quote Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
    I was just looking at the Barnes and Noble web site and there is a tweet regarding a new Thrawn Trilogy (The Chiss Ascendancy) based on Thawn's time in the Unknown regions.

I haven't been reading too much Star Wars novels but this I find very interesting.
    This piques my interest as well. I'm assuming this is more of a "prequel" to the current or recently released Trilogy and NOT about his post Rebels adventures (which I'm very interested in).

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213