Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rey - Jakku

Another Rey...inferior to the first release if you ask me due to this look lasting 5 seconds in the film. I wouldn't mind as much if they gave us a Luke and Leia! This is ridiculous. But I can have all the wave 2 figures I want. Ugh.
    “What’s a Star War?”

I agree with those who think this Rey release is overkill. I would have much rather seen a never-before-released character than another Rey figure. This TFA line is less than a year old, and already they're overproducing this character.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper31 View Post
    Isn't this SOP for Hasbro anyway? Remember how we got a new Jedi Luke every year from 2006-2012 or so? I'm sure a year from now we'll see this figure again, but with Hands painted to be gloves and just like that Hasbro will have a "new" figure out.

Ssssshhh! Don't give Hasbro ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by ThallJoben View Post
    This TFA line is less than a year old, and already they're overproducing this character.
    While there's a few versions out, it's no different to Luke or Obi-Wan/Anakin from the PT lines. Not everyone picks each release up and not everyone needs to buy each release. Didn't they under produce Rey which then caused people to complain and start the #wheresrey campaign? You can't really say she's been overproduced when she's hardly been easy to obtain.The good aspect here is that it's slightly different, Hasbro could've reused the 1st figure again.

This figure just feels pointless. Yes, so did Blast shield Luke back in the day but this is ridiculous. #whereisrey you say, #whereda*%$isluke??? At least when blast shield luke was released we had a couple Obi-wans.

The lack of TFA Luke is really dumb at this point. Rey is readily available in the 4-pack.
    “What’s a Star War?”

The figure is not that interesting, but this does tell us a few things:

A) The packaging will be kept similar if not the same, which is nice. The best thing about the line IMO.
    No more build a weapons! That helps with distribution and assortments.
    Naughtiest lines in Star Wars:
    You came in that thing?! You're braver than I thought!
    Luke, at that speed will we be able to pull out in time?
    Back door huh? Good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick10126 View Post
    This figure just feels pointless. Yes, so did Blast shield Luke back in the day but this is ridiculous. #whereisrey you say, #whereda*%$isluke??? At least when blast shield luke was released we had a couple Obi-wans.

The lack of TFA Luke is really dumb at this point. Rey is readily available in the 4-pack.
    I take issue with you saying Blast-Shield Luke back in the day was pointless. He was the first movie-proportioned Luke in the POTF2 line...the only farmboy Luke you could buy in POTF2 until then was the super-buff version...

vs

So this variation was not pointless but essential.

After that things kinda went sideways with several variations on the theme...

...with (from l to r) Purchase of the Droids Cinema Scene Luke, Gunner Station Luke, Freeze Frame Luke, Flashback Luke, and Commtech Luke all within two years of each other. So if that's what you mean then you're right.

But from my personal experience, BlastShield Luke was a very pleasing upgrade.

People do want Rey on the shelves. People also really want TFA Luke on the shelves. Relax, he's coming. Hasbro said so at Toy Fair in February. We can even hold out hope he'll be in Rogue One Wave 2 and he'll become a pegwarmer.

That is what I meant in regards to Luke. I just remember all those Luke's kinda hitting at once and I couldn't remember who dropped first. Blastshield Luke was cool for the accessory but he felt redundant with commtech Luke and flashback Luke. I think I got Cinema Scene Luke first, then commtech Luke.

Point is, before they load us up with more Rey's....is that a Rey with Rebel Pilot helmet I see on the horizon...give us a Luke. Or at the very least a Leia!
    “What’s a Star War?”

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick10126 View Post
    Point is, before they load us up with more Rey's....is that a Rey with Rebel Pilot helmet I see on the horizon...give us a Luke. Or at the very least a Leia!
    I am betting Leia was sculpted and slated to appear in the regular Force Awakens line's later waves, but got cancelled due to the character's ponytail being digitally removed from the movie. The figure wouldn't have matched the movie (kind of the same way the Unkar Plutt figure looks like the latex suit and not the CG-heavy version that made the final cut) so we had to wait for a resculpt.

Hasbro has said both of the Skywalker twins are on their way...though they have some wiggle room because a TFA Leia did see release in the BS series, just not in the expected outfit. Old Luke is the only one I expect to see in the Rogue One line, though, due to the simple fact that they are doing this "catching up with #where'srey" at the same time we know a Rebels version of Leia is due to hit and there's also the fact that this is all taking place in the Rogue One line, the star of which is another brown-haired white-skinned female.

So between Young Leia, Young Rey, and Young Jyn (who ought to be coming in multiple outfits,) we won't have any room for Old Leia (or probably Old Mon Mothma either) for quite some time. And aren't we still waiting on a wide release of some kind of Sabine Wren figure as well? I'd like her chances over General Leia too.

I like this figure but won't pay full price since I don't need her. I'm glad we are getting another Rey as some people are still having a hard time finding her.

People seem to think if a figure is scarce/plentiful in their area that it MUST be the same everywhere else.
    For the most part, I think I'm in a good area and have seen (usually later) every wave except "Old Han/Resistance Rey wave. I've even seen restocks of all the waves. That being said, I haven't seen a carded Rey in many months, and only 1 in the months before that.

The thing I like best about this figure is that the BAW is gone. Even if I don't care for whatever that thing is, I don't need to buy 2 other figures to play with it. Nor does Hasbro have to pack certain figures in future cases because of it.

While I won't need it, the interaction thingie might be fun for some. (I never liked talking figures as I feel they stifle creativity - although I see the counterpoints to my feelings. I never minded talking creatures or droids though, and catch phrases are tolerable.)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast