Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rey - Jakku

Honestly, the only time Rey was scarce. Was the beginning. I see her everywhere I go now, in various packaging. There's always at least one single figure, along with the latest Maz set.

And by the time this hits, most of us will be more interested in getting Jyn Erso and her band of misfits. Plus we should be looking forward to all new Rey for EP8 next year!

That female take on Luke's ANH Tatooine look never did anything for me. So i'm anxious to see her in something more visually striking.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

I don't think this is a bad figure, its just a bit plain considering its a retool. They took an existing body and put a new head & scarf on it. I would have liked some dirty paint deco and some new accessories at least. How about packing in that small sand worm instead of that ridiculous blaster contraption? If Hasbro wants collectors to buy the same character multiple times, each one should be executed with enough newness to warrant another purchase.

Get used to it. They are going to re-hash her in that outfit until at least Ep 8.
    I am member number 666. Execute order 66!

Quote Originally Posted by darth_sidious View Post
    If Hasbro wants collectors to buy the same character multiple times, each one should be executed with enough newness to warrant another purchase.
    Hasbro doesn't care about collectors anymore :p They know most collectors will still pick this version up regardless if there's anything new or not. Overall she didn't change that much in TFA so there's not much they can do with her Jakku outfit. After everyone complained they couldn't find her it's a great move by Hasbro to keep her in retail circulation durning the next movie release.

Quote Originally Posted by GNT View Post
    Hasbro doesn't care about collectors anymore :p They know most collectors will still pick this version up regardless if there's anything new or not. Overall she didn't change that much in TFA so there's not much they can do with her Jakku outfit. After everyone complained they couldn't find her it's a great move by Hasbro to keep her in retail circulation during the next movie release.
    Pretty much. A quick glance at Amazon has

-rey jakku snow mission $19
    -rey speeder an affordable $20
    -rey resistance $29
    -battle pack is $25

there is definitely a need for a retail priced single carded Rey

I never found her in the Resistance outfit. But I don't like it enough to pay $29 for especially when they won't release TFA Luke to go with her.
    Anyway the card back looked nice.
    I am member number 666. Execute order 66!

Rey continues to be scarce by me, too. And there are lots of stores in my region (North Jersey/NYC suburbs). In fact, now it seems that even Poe and Finn are also getting to be pretty scarce as well. The stragglers in the TFA line seem to be that Hux/Inquisitor/Goss Toowers/PZ-4CO wave of figures.

I really wish they had at least used a different body. Three times the charm? (Four, if you count the Maz Kanata battle pack.) And don't tell me she's rare, the only outfit that was hard to get was the Resistance one, and that was at least a different mold.
    (And the accessories are the same too? Cheap, Hasbro, cheap.)

No sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Broem View Post
    I never found her in the Resistance outfit.
    I've seen a few here and there, but they haven't released that figure in the 3 3/4 articulated figures yet, so it's unlikely I'll ever own one.
    Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

Isn't this SOP for Hasbro anyway? Remember how we got a new Jedi Luke every year from 2006-2012 or so? I'm sure a year from now we'll see this figure again, but with Hands painted to be gloves and just like that Hasbro will have a "new" figure out.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast