Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Hera Syndulla's A-Wing

Hanging out in a room with shelves full of stuff I can't admit to on a first date.

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    I'll admit, the paint job is cool looking! But that is where it ends for me. As small as that thing is, i'm surprised they could find enough space for the pilot to even fit. Since they added that Nerf feature.

TBH, I think this wreaks of desperation on Hasbro's part. They're desperately trying to appeal to kids with this line, by mixing two properties together. For teh BIG ships, I got it. They needed extra play value, i guess...
    But for a regular ship. IMO a ship should be just a ship! Whatever happened to the "shooting missile" features for these things, that added "play value"?

I noticed that they angled the ship so that the ugly Nerf cannon is hidden, so that you can't tell hoe much it stands out...
    Noticed this as well...
    Co-host of 3 guys talking Star Wars toys at Kesel Run Collecting

always buying SA imp army builders, even beaters for a decent price.

IIt's as if Hasbro is saying to itself "how do we make less money???" ...this has been a disappointing last 3 years....aside from the 6 inch...

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post

I noticed that they angled the ship so that the ugly Nerf cannon is hidden, so that you can't tell hoe much it stands out...
    The angle gives the best look at the ship overall. If they were going to that much effort to hide the nerf feature they wouldn't have put the feature in to begin with.

Well, if they want to make less Money. They could just stop selling toys that people buy.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

A Wing is my favorite starfighter but I'm not sure. Depends on price and if the nerf is hidden. I'd also like a Hera as she's my last ghost crew member I need
    Looking for:
    Stormtrooper Commander

Nerf.

Nerfnerfnerf.

I would be all for a new A-wing with recessed panel lines, and we can discuss what the real size of an A-wing should be (Fantasy Flight has made theirs really big, they are on the smallish side on screen), but the Nerf cannon is a dealbreaker.
    I suppose the cannon will not be retractable, since the ship is so small - the pilot would be in the way - so it's probably an outrigger. I'll wait for photos of the underside.

It Looks like Hera's helmet is removable. I'd bet that the nerf launcher is removable. They still want to get collectors on board for stuff like this and let's face it, this is Hasbro. In 2017 they can re-release this again without the nerf launcher, but with a new paint scheme and jack-up the price $5.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Hanging out in a room with shelves full of stuff I can't admit to on a first date.

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathspawn9000 View Post
    I might be in if you can remove the nerfycrap and throw it away...
    Seems Nerf's catchphrase is having a heavy meaning for Star Wars vehicles.
    Co-host of 3 guys talking Star Wars toys at Kesel Run Collecting

always buying SA imp army builders, even beaters for a decent price.

Don't mind the Nerf "missles" at all - fairly cool, actually - and, I think this is a good safety feature.

I do really like this ship design - the A-wing is one of my favorite vehicles, and this version has a great paint scheme; the small size is also great.

The deal-breaker for me may be the price; if it's over $15 I probably won't get this. If it's $15 (won't be less than that), I will definitely get this.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast