Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain Cassian Andor (Eadu)

How would they normally do a light beard for 3.75" ?
    Besides Obi-Wan who had a sculpted beard, what other 3.75" examples are there of lightly bearded figures?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthPete View Post
    Does anyone else think that headsculpt looks familiar?? Like without the beard and maybe change the hair color?
    Yes!

The eyes are obviously based on the other younger Diego.

All the other parallels, well?

This is obviously meant to be him all grown up.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthPete View Post
    Does anyone else think that headsculpt looks familiar?? Like without the beard and maybe change the hair color?

Quote Originally Posted by DonWanKihotay View Post
    ...the design for the Buck Rogers "Thunder-Fighter" (originally for Galactica) was created by Ralph McQuarrie, what better source to draw from. Yet another reason to love it, the fact that the design of the ship not only borrowed from the concept artist of ANH, but also a design created about the time of ANH, so it fits right in...
    It's what what we want for a ship, to look like it came from the same time and setting.
    Cassian is completley the other way, not meant to stand out,, more the straight Rebel grunt, out of all the Rogues.
    If anything he seems more of a reference to 70s Galactica.
    Quote Originally Posted by VideoViper View Post
    Looks like we will be seeing some Classic BattleStar Galactica customs.
    It is interesting there were two shows that capitalized heavily on the popularity and look of Star Wars at he time, obviously Galactica and a bit Buck Rogers, who were unapologeticlly trying to borrow (even some if it's concept artists) and expand on the look of 70s Star Wars.
    So it shouldn't be any surprise as R1 set right before 70s Star Wars and expand on the look of the time would hit some similar beats. As someone who grew up in that era, the got it right!

Just most of these visual nods have fallen on Cassian's character, and the ship he happens to pilot, but again that feels right, since of all the new "rogue" characters, he's the one who is most visually meant to represent the enlisted face of the Rebels of that time, and not stand out as new, but feel familiar.
    So it is funny to see some complain about that.
    That many when his first image was released thought he might be a Bigs reprisal, again tells me they got it right!

It is the mission of each true Jedi Knight... His duty... nay, his privilege!
    To dream, the impossible dream... To fight, the uneatable foe... To reach the unreachable star!
    This is my quest, to follow that star. No matter how hopeless, no matter how far.

Emperor's Hand

Quote Originally Posted by lordtyrannus View Post
    I found the reference photo for Cassian:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you, I needed that this morning, and yes, I did laugh out loud!
    H8-DA-X!!!!!

3.75 Cassian and Katoo:

To dream, the impossible dream... To fight, the uneatable foe... To reach the unreachable star!
    This is my quest, to follow that star. No matter how hopeless, no matter how far.

3.75 Cassian and Katoo:

Nope that's the 7 inch Disney Elite Cassian.

Another 6" Andor?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast