Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: K-2SO

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    I honestly don't get the hype I've seen for the character, he just doesn't appeal to me as a Droid.

I agree, hinged hips would have been just fine. Out of all the joints to give BH articulation to, why this area? IMO, this is where Hasbro fails. They very rarely pull of BH hips.
    And being such a tall figure, I imagine that it will be non beneficial.
    I disagree. In the video review it looked like it was helpful in getting him to stand which could have been a problem with a plain old swivel joint. The other reason I think it was done in this case was because it was cheap. The ball joint looks like the same as your average pop-off head joint rather than a more expensive complicated ball joint we'd see on a standard SA figure.
    Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning

If that's the case then, it should be fine. I couldn't watch the video, too much BS ads and whatnot.

But I do like those joints if they're tight. I remember Nadar Vebb having them, and think they should be utilized more often!
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Some pics. All the joints are pretty tight. The neck is actually ball jointed at both where it meets the head and where it meets the body. None of the ball joints really bring anything to the table as far as being more pose-able than an average 5POA figure. Although I kind of take heart in hasbro's use of them that different sorts of joints and maybe even a few extra POA may start creeping their way in to the basic line (I'll just start holding my breath now). The figure is cast in black plastic so there are some moulding marks or swirls I should say, although they're not obvious unless you're looking for them and looking close.

And to save my life I couldn't get him to stand without a stand.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthPete View Post
    Some pics. All the joints are pretty tight. The neck is actually ball jointed at both where it meets the head and where it meets the body. None of the ball joints really bring anything to the table as far as being more pose-able than an average 5POA figure. Although I kind of take heart in hasbro's use of them that different sorts of joints and maybe even a few extra POA may start creeping their way in to the basic line (I'll just start holding my breath now). The figure is cast in black plastic so there are some moulding marks or swirls I should say, although they're not obvious unless you're looking for them and looking close.

And to save my life I couldn't get him to stand without a stand.

Utinniiiii!!! (You know he doesn't have a chance.!)

Since he is just a Droid, i'll probably get this version. He seems adequate for the purpose he serves. And hopefully they wont waste the slot on an SA version in the TBS line.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

I like the design. Good bridge between prequels and OT.

Quote Originally Posted by MyenShi View Post
    I really don't think it would've been unreasonable to add elbow and knee rotation. It's so frustrating. We could've done without the accessory to save costs. I'm pleasantly surprised by the ball jointed hips but it's just so infuriatingly close to being as articulated as he needs to be.
    If they gave you what you reasonably wanted in every figure they couldn't sell you a new version every year.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthPete View Post
    .....................!

It is the mission of each true Jedi Knight... His duty... nay, his privilege!
    To dream, the impossible dream... To fight, the uneatable foe... To reach the unreachable star!
    This is my quest, to follow that star. No matter how hopeless, no matter how far.

I would be totally fine with them just doing simple ball joints, just like K-2SO, for every 5POA figure. That would add enough articulation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by HothHan View Post
    I would be totally fine with them just doing simple ball joints, just like K-2SO, for every 5POA figure. That would add enough articulation for me.
    Except this is not the fitted ball-joint you would want for most human figures.
    They are not doing the fitted-joint at this price point.

This kind of simple cheaper ball-joint they used on K2 works because it leaves gaps between the limbs and torso and legs and hip/
    It works fine for K2 cause that's how he's supposed to look. but those big gaps between the limbs and the shoulders and hips would be lame for most human figures.

It is the mission of each true Jedi Knight... His duty... nay, his privilege!
    To dream, the impossible dream... To fight, the uneatable foe... To reach the unreachable star!
    This is my quest, to follow that star. No matter how hopeless, no matter how far.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast