Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast

•    
    Once again, it was a delight to listen to the show. I thought Rich and Jez did a smashing job of piloting the podcast through another four hour tour de force of Star Wars vintage gold. Really enjoyed the guests and hearing more from Bill Wills, Josh Blake and Stephen B Danley. Rich I appreciate the kind words but the true nice guys are the ones you have with you on that show!!!! Congratulations, from a father of five, to Stew Skinner and his new addition. The sky is the limit with this podcast and shares a spot with my other favorites like the Chivecast and Galaxy of Toys. Thank you again for the hours of entertainment!

Jonathan
    Last edited by raven7dp; 07-05-2017 at 10:14 PM. Reason: forgot signature
    Who knows? In a thousand years even you may be worth something. - Belloq

Awesome Jonathan many thanks and great to meet you in Orlando. Hopefully won't be long to the next one :-)
    1 - 0 to the Arsenal!
    member of The Vintage Rebellion Podcast
    Used to be cc4rhu but changed to avoid "confusion for no reason."

THE VINTAGE REBELLION PODCAST : EPISODE 38 - An Aussie, The Ashes and a Freaky Chewbacca

The boys return for their 38th episodic show with friend and fellow collector Simon McOwan joining the team for guest hosting duties.

Forget the Return of the Jedi, this month sees the Return of the Quiz, with accusations of cheating flying around on all sides!

Aussie Lee Harris takes a nostalgic look back at his childhood, whilst also discussing his current collecting stance, as well as depressing everyone with a tale of burning toys!

Grant is joined by Jonathan McElwain for the first part discussion on highlights for the US food market for the original Star Wars movie. Jonathan is an expert so expect to learn a lot about a subject rarely discussed. Yum, Yum!

In this months NA, Jez and the lads (plus an extra 2 special guests) discuss a variety of purchases including variants, some in the wild 3 pack finds, a lovely story which shows that even Cloud City Clouds can have a silver lining, and the mighty Imperial Shuttle gets the once over.

Rich has the pleasure to interview Ross Barr, the face of CAS and brings us 3 stories from the vintage collecting community.

So much rammed into just over 5 hours we hope you enjoy the show!!!!!!!

http://swtvrpodcast.podbean.com/e/ep...aky-chewbacca/
    1 - 0 to the Arsenal!

http://swtvrpodcast.podbean.com/e/episode-39-a-new-ho/

The Vintage Rebellion returns with a plethra of changes. Simon McOwan joins the team for his first show as a full time host, alongside Andy goulding who joins the team as guest host for this month.

Derek Ho joins Stuart for this months main interview as we delve into his collection and growing up with Star Wars in Singapore.

The lads get together for possibly the most varied New Acquisitions yet, where the conversation ranges from the Popy range to Airfix kits. Simon pulls a Hutchinson with a Palitoy catalogue, Richard speaks of a beater Kea Moll and gets introduced to Uncle Gundy beaties. The main element is an in depth discussion on Luke Skywalker original... or is it Farmboy???

Rebel Briefings sees the guys bravely tell Ron Salvatore (from a good distance away) that he's got something wrong on a SWCA blog post. This is followed up with a cracking interview on a diorama display and a closing of the baggiegate story... for now.

Grant says goodbye to the podcast with his final Beyond The Toys section, as he speaks with Jonathan McElwain for the concluding part of looking at food tie ins.

We also have a Farthest From special where we hear from Edd Grant, Dan Burgess, Scott Cato, Stephen Savory, Darren Quinn and Jason Smith who all attended the show.

And watch out at the end as Episode 40 will see the team return to a permanent five piece and we announce the final member to make up the crew.

We hope you enjoy the show.
    Last edited by Richard_H; 08-21-2017 at 04:53 PM.
    1 - 0 to the Arsenal!

Lieutenant Commander

EPISODE 40 OUT TODAY!
    On this month's Vintage Rebellion Podcast, the team are joined by Shawn Moynihan for the main interview. Shawn discusses a whole plethora of topics, including his love for The Holiday Special, putting marbles up astromechs bottoms and how he actually broke his jaw several years ago.

Rich has the pleasure of talking to the best looking collector, if not in the Galaxy then certainly in the Southern Hemisphere on the latest updates of the reproduction blasters, whilst the team thrash out a lively debate on those collecting blues, which are rippling across the collecting circles with some great advice for those affected.

In this episodes packed New Acquisitions (NA) section, the team discuss a veritable banquet of vintage gorgeousness. Too much to cover here in detail but the items include; Bargain carded figures, Meccano cardbacks, German drinking glasses, 12" Palitoy Fett, awesome Trilogo carded figures, a run of Model Trem Darth Vader variants and more fantastic items. Jez is joined by 4 guests; Justin Lea gives us a great update on his Diecast Landspeeder collection, Iain Sanderson and an extra special guest braved the night of the Florida storms to tell us all about Iain's awesome looking ESB Yoda store display and finally Chris Georgoulias is the inaugural member to join exciting new concept 'The Vintage Rebellion Alliance', providing the crew with some fantastic information about Speeder Bike Prototypes, to supplement a discussion on possibly Kenner's most perfect Vintage vehicle.

The team also welcome back the return of Pete, who is in fine form. Returning with Pete is of course the Market section where he introduces a new Gimcrack concept whilst we also see the return of his popular top five.

Welcome Home Pete... It's family!

LISTEN VIA ITUNES

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...001257470?mt=2

OR DIRECTLY

http://swtvrpodcast.podbean.com/

Lieutenant Commander

Thank you for helping us past 60,000 downloads! It truly is great to see the Podcast increase it's listener base

Fresh Episode launched today!

On the 41st edition of the Vintage Rebellion podcast Stuart and Richard chat to Jason West about all things Jawa, and find out some fascinating information neither have ever heard before.

In the New Acquisitions section the lads cover some wonderful purchases which have been shown off on the forums and Facebook. The team is joined by Commander Clint Garniss (Tantive XI) who speaks about his recent trading card finds, Josh Lipscomb who has a wonderful story to tell about an entire 12bk find, 13 of them in fact as seen on the IC Facebook group. Plus once again, as part of the Vintage Rebellion Podcast Alliance Chris Georgoulias gives a wonderful narrative on 2 x Sy Snootles and the Rebo Band concept items that we guarantee you've never seen online before. Something truly special.

Rich takes time out to chat to James Gallo about one of the greatest Star Wars auctions of all time before the lads get together to have an old fashioned chinwag on the state of some loose figures.

Si takes his first spin at hosting the Quiz. The team hope it will be his last as it successfully exposes them as a bunch of laser brains.

And the return of the market continues with a look at the recent Propstore auction whilst also returning is Tracker Top 5 and the new monthly Gimcracker award.

All this plus much much more on The Vintage Rebellion Podcast.

Enjoy the Show!!!!!

http://swtvrpodcast.podbean.com/e/ep...have-the-jawa/

I have to say, The Vintage Rebellion has become my fave Star Wars podcast. The mix of personalities and hilarious ball-breaking among the guys makes for a fun listen, and the vintage content is comprehensive and in-depth. Each host effectively covers a discrete topic in each episode, so there's a great mix of material and differing approaches across the usual 4-5 hour running length. Yes, 4-5 hours!

I'm a big fan of the Chivecast, but occasionally it can feel a little too insular in referencing a specific social group of notable collectors. The Vintage Rebellion casts the net wider, and therefore speaks more broadly to fans, enthusiasts and collectors from a range of different backgrounds as a result.

Big recommendation.

Lieutenant Commander

Quote Originally Posted by johnny6666 View Post
    I have to say, The Vintage Rebellion has become my fave Star Wars podcast. The mix of personalities and hilarious ball-breaking among the guys makes for a fun listen, and the vintage content is comprehensive and in-depth. Each host effectively covers a discrete topic in each episode, so there's a great mix of material and differing approaches across the usual 4-5 hour running length. Yes, 4-5 hours!

I'm a big fan of the Chivecast, but occasionally it can feel a little too insular in referencing a specific social group of notable collectors. The Vintage Rebellion casts the net wider, and therefore speaks more broadly to fans, enthusiasts and collectors from a range of different backgrounds as a result.

Big recommendation.
    Wow thanks very much Johnny. When i pointed out your kind words to the lads they came out with comments like 'That makes it all worth it' and 'That makes me want to get on and record another one tonight!' It's great to read such positivity. Thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jez View Post
    Wow thanks very much Johnny.
    It's thoroughly deserved, good Sir. The podcast is a terrific mix of concerted silliness (the most recent song quiz was so random I couldn't help but laugh in disbelief), serious information (the 'chief' Jawa discussion was most interesting) and great banter. The new 'gimcrack' segment is also great, and a really fun way to look at the bits and bobs that are often overlooked (in favour of the obvious) in vintage commentary.

However, if we have to hear Rich use the term 'repo' for reproduction one more time, there'll be an angry throng wielding pitchforks at his door before he knows it.

But I look forward to many more episodes, and thank you and the guys for committing to such an extensive show month after month.
    Last edited by johnny6666; 10-26-2017 at 10:15 PM.

However, if we have to hear Rich use the term 'repo' for reproduction one more time, there'll be an angry throng wielding pitchforks at his door before he knows it.

But I look forward to many more episodes, and thank you and the guys for committing to such an extensive show month after month.
    Whoah there, I'm guessing Jez has asked you to say that. Anyway, I do say repro but not re-pro and agree repo is just plain wrong. My accent is like my cohosts, quite thick at times, so I'm always amazed when I talk to people online and they understand me.

cheers for the great feedback, as Jez said it means a lot to us and is what keeps us going. Keep in touch!
    Last edited by Richard_H; 10-27-2017 at 01:42 AM. Reason: spelling
    1 - 0 to the Arsenal!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast