Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Legends of the West Kickstarter!

Great.

When will those pics show up?

Also from him:
    JE RussellBlanks. Single Colored shirts with hands, single color pants with boots. What other reason would we have for adding gear (weapons, belts) and accs (coats, hats) in special colors not available on any figure to the KS at every other level? Oh, wait...did I just reveal something IMPORTANT?

Quote Originally Posted by OzymanSyfoDias View Post
    Also from him:

Do you reckon they might do figures from Western films and TV shows like Silverado, Bonanza, The High Chaparral, Tombstone, The Hateful Eight, The Dollars Trilogy, Hell on Wheels, Cowboys and Aliens and even Bone Tomahawk?

The wave 2 assortment sounds like some great ideas already. Keep us posted on the kick starter as by October I will be in football mode and have forgotten about this most likely.

Hope they do some strong females as well as saloon type girls just to get a decent mix.
    Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by ReturnoftheJedi View Post
    Do you reckon they might do figures from Western films and TV shows like Silverado, Bonanza, The High Chaparral, Tombstone, The Hateful Eight, The Dollars Trilogy, Hell on Wheels, Cowboys and Aliens and even Bone Tomahawk?
    Figures *from*? No, this will be an original line featuring archetypes and license-free characters. Figures *inspired by*? Quite possibly, depending on how beloved any of those films are by the team.

Digisculpt for the Territories Lawman, which some say has a passing resemblance to Bass Reeves:

Quote Originally Posted by OzymanSyfoDias View Post
    Digisculpt for the Territories Lawman, which some say has a passing resemblance to Bass Reeves:

Nice sculpt, though the hat reminds me of Michael Beihn as Johnny Ringo from Tombstone (1993). The hat looks almost like a Boss of the PLians made into an Aussie-style slouch hat, but maybe the designers could take inspiration from Silverado (1985) and The Searchers (1956) for the classic Hollywood Western look.
    Last edited by ReturnoftheJedi; 06-26-2016 at 11:18 AM.

Per JE Russell: Let's talk about the elephant in the room, as it's coming up on decision time to decide whether it's going to be made in series 1 as we'd planned, or have to be pushed. Given the GARGANTUAN costs of tooling (it's about the same budget as the ENTIRE figure lineup), the Stagecoach will have some caveats. It will firstly, be a stretch goal all on it's own and NOT included in the "All-IN!" packages. Also, we are working on how to get it produced. The horses have to be static (with removable tack), if you want horses with it at all. We may be able to swing a ball jointed head. Tooling costs and all that. Also, helping reach the stretch goal will only pay for the tooling, and production costs will have to come out on the other side of that. This means that unlocking it, gets you a steep discount on one, not free as a bonus. MSRP is going to be around $129 or so, we think. Given all those details, is it something you can budget for? Conceivably, if you bought just a smaller package (not All-IN!) and this unlocks, you would be able to purchase. Same obviously goes with the "All-IN!" package holders. I know this is all strange, and not how things usually work, but given the massive cash outlay it's going to cost, it's the only way we can think of to get it done. Also, it will come with a driver made out of pre-existing parts. No new tooling, but there will be a figure included. What do you think? In or out?

Can one of the Staff change the thread name to 'Dime Novel Legends (of the West) Kickstarter' to reflect the change of the line?

I've seen the images and they all look great. Now, where can I find horses if I want to make custom Western figures in 3 3/4" scale? Can anybody tell me, please?

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast