Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Model Kits- Bandai, Fine Molds, Revell, etc

Tucson, wretched hive of scum and villany

Model Kits- Bandai, Fine Molds, Revell, etc

I've been searching for a thread on SW Model kits but there doesn't seem to be any on the forum. Not sure where else to get it started but since this is the closest thing to Action Fleet these days I figure this is the best place for now. Any other kit builders on the forums?

I'm just starting to pick up all the Bandai kits. I thought Fine Molds did an exceptional job but the Bandai kits might be even better. The engineering to make them as detailed as possible while still easy to build is amazing.
    Hasbro Wishlist- ANH- Theron Nett (Red 10), ESB- Hobbie, ROTJ- Horton Salm (Grey Leader), Lt Telsj, Kier Santage
    and all the new Rogue One pilots, especially BLUE LEADER!

Quote Originally Posted by DutchVander View Post
    I've been searching for a thread on SW Model kits but there doesn't seem to be any on the forum. Not sure where else to get it started but since this is the closest thing to Action Fleet these days I figure this is the best place for now. Any other kit builders on the forums?

I'm just starting to pick up all the Bandai kits. I thought Fine Molds did an exceptional job but the Bandai kits might be even better. The engineering to make them as detailed as possible while still easy to build is amazing.
    You might like to try this - it covers all franchises but Star Wars is in there

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/
    formerly Boris :shame:

I built a few SW kits in the past - Airfix, MPC, Revell, etc. Finemold and Bandai kits are one of the best to me. At least they come in scale rather than random sizes. The fit/joints are good, don't need to use much putty or sandings to fill the gaps.

I am tempted by the Bandai mini Star Destroyer. For a roughly 10cm/4" model it looks exquisitely detailed. Anyone have that in hand and able to offer an opinion?

I have the ISD as well as several others. They are fantastic and beautiful kits....certainly worth the money. The AT-ST I did was from the Bandai kit, though I added extra detail.

Does anyone know if Bandai will release an OT Millennium Falcon model?

Tucson, wretched hive of scum and villany

Quote Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
    Does anyone know if Bandai will release an OT Millennium Falcon model?
    Nothing's been announced or hinted at but I'm sure its just a matter of time with Bandai. If you can't wait, both Fine Molds Falcon kits are amazing. They're pricey but Revell has reissued the bigger one (900+ parts) at a decent price.
    Hasbro Wishlist- ANH- Theron Nett (Red 10), ESB- Hobbie, ROTJ- Horton Salm (Grey Leader), Lt Telsj, Kier Santage
    and all the new Rogue One pilots, especially BLUE LEADER!

That AT-ST is superb, Unreality. Nice work! I have done a few Revell kits as well as the 6" Bandai character kits (which are awesome). The new Revell TFA Falcon is more or less in scale with the old Action Fleets, but was way too simple, I didn't really enjoy the build.
    Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

Thanks Teedo.

If you want to do the OT Falcon with the Bandai kit, there are several offerings on Shapeways 3D printed parts that cover the dish, as well as new cockpit, gear, etc.

Ahhh finally! A model thread! I build models. My sweet models are all put away till I finish the basement. I have all including resin. The big revell falcon is acreage fine molds one repackaged. I don't l k me revell. No detail. I'll post pics when I can. Bandai coming out with clone trooper and 1/144 Poe x wing and ties.
    My Feedbackhttp://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2526787&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1#Post34439102526787[/url]

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast