Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Model Kits- Bandai, Fine Molds, Revell, etc

Finally found a miniature Bandai Star Destroyer for a good price and free international shipping. She arrived yesterday. What a neat little model. The detail is stunning for such a tiny model (around 11cm long). I can't wait to put it together, though I am nervous about how I will paint this one!

I really hope Bandai do more capital ships in this size range. I'm on the hunt for a good First Order Star Destroyer at around the same size.

I was quite fortunate to pick up an Argonauts 1:144 Millennium Falcon model, unmade and in the box for a decent price last week. I still need to find an Anigrand version.

I was wondering what happened to this thread.

A good model kit is the TIE Droid resin kit from Scale Solutions. If you go to this link, go to the shop page, then go to their ebay store. I found it through Unreality, and he helped me with prepping it.
    http://scalesolutionsshop.appspot.com/

I'm really quite pleased with how it turned out, especially the color for the TIE I used. It's Fenrisian Gray from Games Workshop Paints for anyone curious.

A definite pickup, especially if you played the original Rogue Squadron.

If anyone is wondering, the new Revell kits are fairly nice for a 20 dollar price tag. I haven't bought the AT-ACT yet, but the U-wing is quite detailed. I have a build log on my website, but here's a pic of it next to some similarly scaled Titaniums:

I'm really disapointed Revell didn't make the Tie Striker.
    "Bobby U-Wing"

Only a matter of time, surely.

Its nice to see the U Wing next to other models. I keep forgetting that it's not a fighter. Anyone got any news on the new, smaller Bandai models?

Early January is when the new Bandai kits should hit.

Looks fantastic. Nice pic, Unreality. Thanks for sharing it.

Not sure about how valid this informations is, but this is in the comment of that video : https://youtu.be/vJOfvAjmA_Q

Since we're getting a Bandai Tie Striker it's not that bad. And I think I might give the Revell U-Wing a try.
    "Bobby U-Wing"

I was actually just popping in to this thread to see if anyone had seen or knew when the big Star Destroyer set from revell was coming out.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast