Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Model Kits- Bandai, Fine Molds, Revell, etc

Nice one dude. The dark color makes a nice contrast. I'm glad it's bigger than the Titanium. Now I just have to get one.

You know, I've seen a Japanese modeler that actually lit the thing using about 50 or fiber optic strands and small battery. Insane

Welp,

after months of nothing except Lego, the first real toys from Solo hit retail in my country... the Revell kits that is. For a remarkable €5,- ($5,77) per set at a local discounter. Well better than nothing, I suppose.

Picked up the Falcon and Patrol Speeder two-pack. The Falcon surprised me with its many moving parts. Landing gear, boarding ramp, top and bottom turrets, rotating dish and removable forward section. Paint and detailing is top-notch too. This scratches the itch for a Solo Falcon without wasting space and money on the Hasbro "big" release which is underscaled anyway.

The Patrol Speeders are less impressive, but you get two in a set. The landing gear is very welcome. Sadly, they're underscaled compared to Hasbro figures, but will do fine until we finally get proper 3 3/4th scale mainline speeders.
    UPDATED! Check out my handy worksheet, listing every 1/18th release from 1978 till now
    Easily filtered on source, line, type, product, character name, species and category. Updated till 10-7-2018
    http://www.filedropper.com/rushiesrebelscumfile

To glue, or not to glue, that is the question.

I'm finally diving into the Bandai models, starting with the 1/48 Snowspeeder. I'm debating on whether to use glue on it or not (Weld-on 3 to be exact). What are your thoughts on this?
    +++
    The Lost Hoosier in the Lone Star State
    Props, Models, Miniatures, Orchestras, Choirs, and Operas.

I would go on a case by case basis. The only Bandai kit I’ve built is the 1/12 Stormtrooper. It was a bit unique in that it’s articulated and goes with my action figures. So I erred on the side of caution and didn’t glue much of it b/c I didn’t want to risk messing up the articulation. But that said, I still glued some parts (especially parts where I used putty to fill seams) despite the fact that the kit is designed to be built without any glue.

but for the ships, I’d probably glue most or all of them. They’re just more sturdy when glued/cemented.

Anyone follow JPG Productions on Facebook? He is reissuing the Outrider resin model kit. I remember seeing this kit a while back just doing a random google search. I'm really excited I get another shot at this. It looks like it will be the same price as before, $75 with $9.85 Priority USA shipping.

Yeah, we finally talked Jimi into reissuing it. He does great resin kits. I have several from him.

I'm looking forward to it. It looks like preorders go up Friday July 26th, and they should ship by early September.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldleaderone View Post
    I'm looking forward to it. It looks like preorders go up Friday July 26th, and they should ship by early September.
    He said as long as he catches up with his Nebulon-B orders, he'll start. He may be able to start sooner.

I got a display stand for the Revell Star Destroyer off ebay. It definitely beats the PVC plumbing pipe I was using haha.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast