Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Ihnken33 GG and others collection.

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    Hey man! Glad to see you are back on here and have posted your updated Euro display! Your collection looks better than ever . Hope the move has been treating you well.
    Thanks man! Glad to be back on here. I appreciate the kind words on the collection. I've added quite a few since I've been here. So it just keeps growing! The move has been awesome in some aspects and a bummer in others, but overall, I'm in Europe and making the most of my time when I can!
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1029047
    TK/ID/DZ-9433
    nWo 4 LIFE!
    [-o-] (-o-) [-o-]

Quote Originally Posted by ihnken33 View Post
    Thanks man! Glad to be back on here. I appreciate the kind words on the collection. I've added quite a few since I've been here. So it just keeps growing! The move has been awesome in some aspects and a bummer in others, but overall, I'm in Europe and making the most of my time when I can!
    That's great to hear, glad you have still been able to add and are enjoying (some) aspects of living over there. Enjoy the experience while you can, you'll always have the interesting stories for the rest of your life if nothing else .
    He's no good to me dead!

Quote Originally Posted by ihnken33 View Post
    To answer your first question, it wasn't hard at all. Once I packed the busts away into their individual boxes, and then the boxes were neatly packed away into moving boxes, the process was easy. Then the moving company came and took the boxes that had the boxed up busts, loaded them all in to our shipping container set for Europe, and boom, off it went. The next time I saw them, they were being unloaded out of the crate at the rental house in Belgium! And it was all a very smooth process. Took a while (like 2-3 months) but it all got here safe and sounds.

As for DST, it started as a joke, to see how far I could take them before they blocked me as some kind of troll or whatever. I've been blocked on facebook by Gentle Giant before, and was able to be let back in. The rancor keeper bust thing just kind of happened. I figured I'd make my voice heard (but in a respectful and sometimes funny manner) by commenting on everything they post> Eventually they will either block me or make it. Either or, I'll get the message out. Then 1 or 2 others kind of jumped on the bandwagon as well, and it so far has gotten their attention. I honestly doubt they will do it. But if they do, I'm taking FULL credit!
    That's awesome, man! Thank you for explaining the process. Half of my family on my father's side is Spaniard and they live in Spain, in the Province of Leon. My Mom's family is from Caserta in Italy. Life is a much more laid back in Europe than over here, and it's always been a possibility for my family to move to either country after retirement ( quite a few years from now, though). In any case, it has always been a concern of mine figuring out how to get my collection over there in case we would decide to make the move. Now that you explained it to me, it seems quite easy so. I'm happy to hear you got everything safe and sound.

I don't do social media any longer, but I did go a few days ago to Gentle Giant's facebook page and noticed they where asking what Legends in 3D large scale busts people wanted to see made, but they made sure to say "anything but the Rancor keeper" haha! I figured it had something to do with you! and I think I now understand why they made sure to write that there. Like anything in life, if you want something to happen you make an effort to get there, you talk about it, you let others know, you work on it and do what you think is necessary, and I know that's what you are doing and I commend you for your effort. Personally, I would like to see the Rancor keeper made, why not? I just don't want him to have the same facial expression as the one with the Rancor statue, but if they were to give him a meaner face and have him posed holding the staff or part of the chain, I'd buy the mini bust. And yes, every time I would look at him I would call him "ihnken33"
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567