Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: What was the "official" number on ROTJ 2 packs?

•    
    Well, an interesting development and discovery within my own collection - a Lili Ledy Vader with Ackbar. I almost sold it too! It was a lucky save. The first time I have seen a LL Vader on one of these two-packs and goes a long way to substantiating the thought that these were all pulled off cards before being re-carded by Kay-Bee.

Despite the heavy creasing, the bubble is 100% firmly sealed with no cracks.

Cheers
    Pat
    Last edited by darth_daddius; 07-20-2017 at 04:29 AM.
    Looking for Darth Vader items from all around the world.
    Vader Vintage Collection
    Vader Bootleg Collection

Quote Originally Posted by darth_daddius View Post
    Well, an interesting development and discovery within my own collection - a Lili Ledy Vader with Ackbar. I almost sold it too! It was a lucky save. The first time I have seen a LL Vader on one of these two-packs and goes a long way to substantiating the thought that these were all pulled off cards before being re-carded by Kay-Bee.

Despite the heavy creasing, the bubble is 100% firmly sealed with no cracks.

Cheers
    Pat
    Thanks for sharing. Makes sense since the carded figures Kenner was sending Cg Corporation were ROTJ ones (Made In Mexico Vader as one option). I believe I've seen the MIM Vader in other 2 Packs....I'll have to go back and look through old photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoth_My_Fav View Post
    Thought this was interesting. A Squid Head and Leia ANH 2-pack with badly smashed bubble 2-pack first sold on may 14 of this year for 109.99 Months later, the exact same 2 pack was listed on ebay by, who I am guessing,was the buyer from that auction and had a listing where at auction it went for 196 on May 28th. Someone trying to flip, signs of a fatigued market?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kenner-Vinta...vip=true&rt=nc
    Shortly after that listing closed, another 2 pack, with the same pairing showed up, this one is in beautiful shape and went for a pretty fair amount-
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Vi...vip=true&rt=nc

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_2Pack View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Makes sense since the carded figures Kenner was sending Cg Corporation were ROTJ ones (Made In Mexico Vader as one option). I believe I've seen the MIM Vader in other 2 Packs....I'll have to go back and look through old photos.
    Any update Jimmy 2-Pack?
    Vader Vintage Collection
    Vader Bootleg Collection

Wanted to revive this thread...these 2 packs are really great; fun to collect!!!- here are my recent 2 buys. Jimmy 2 packs- I did notice several of your biker scouts were the ledy short mouth version as well. Did not see any paired with Wicket however so I am excited to post this one. Love the gammy 2 pack w vader as well. Its so great he has a ree-yees weapon instead of his axe LOL!

I remember getting two or three of these packs way back in the day from KayBee. I specifically bought packs with the Biker Scout. If I recall, I think one of the packs even came with a blaster. Such a shame so many of these were sent out with no accessories. Not sure if it's 100% accurate, but I read somewhere the company putting these together got most of their stock loose, in 55 gallon drum containers, or something like that. They didn't know the weapons were at the bottom of the container, and by the time they found them it was too late to pack them in most of the sets. That's why so few have weapons, because it was near the end of them being packed. Rumor is all the left over accessories just got thrown away.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ121 View Post
    I remember getting two or three of these packs way back in the day from KayBee. I specifically bought packs with the Biker Scout. If I recall, I think one of the packs even came with a blaster. Such a shame so many of these were sent out with no accessories. Not sure if it's 100% accurate, but I read somewhere the company putting these together got most of their stock loose, in 55 gallon drum containers, or something like that. They didn't know the weapons were at the bottom of the container, and by the time they found them it was too late to pack them in most of the sets. That's why so few have weapons, because it was near the end of them being packed. Rumor is all the left over accessories just got thrown away.
    Yes - Loose from Asian factories told to put everything on hold due to slowing sales (ie. don't package them up). But also - carded overstock from Kenner in Cincinnati (and probably cases from a few retail stores with non sellers). The carded ones would be the origins of those weapons....but only because of the CG employees that bothered to take the weapon out of the bubble (there are some weapons in 2 Packs with the tape still attached!). Your Ree Yees rifle must have come from a Ree Yees right before or after the Gamorrean Guard. "oh, here's a weapon for him" toss; press.

I always wondered about mail aways and baggie figures as sources. Todd D told me (from his interview with one of the CG corp guys) that they didn't utilize baggie figures. However, I have a 2 Pack with a Klaatu with plastic around his wooly skirt. There are baggie Klaatus like that (but also some 65 backs as well). ROTJ 2 Packs remain a tantalizing mystery!

•    
    This is one of my favourite threads. Love the 2 Packs
    Vader Vintage Collection
    Vader Bootleg Collection

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678