Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the "official" number on ROTJ 2 packs?

Saw that listing. I would have been very hesitant to pay $1300 for that with a loose bubble seal and yellow bubble. Will be interesting to see how it gets on in the post! There has been a lot of these for sale recently; some really interesting combos as well. Was disappointed to miss out of the LXW / Bib combo but was a punchy end price $!

Quote Originally Posted by punk_pat View Post
    Saw that listing. I would have been very hesitant to pay $1300 for that with a loose bubble seal and yellow bubble. Will be interesting to see how it gets on in the post! There has been a lot of these for sale recently; some really interesting combos as well. Was disappointed to miss out of the LXW / Bib combo but was a punchy end price $!
    yes, totally agree with your observations above. I was thinking tho, to myself "hey yak faces on POTF with yellow almost brown bubbles are going for 4-5K so I guess I shouldnt be surprised someone went for a yellow 2-pack." I certainly wouldnt want it, not with the yellow bubble and loose bubble seals it had but I Guess another collector viewed it as an opportunity.

Yes. Leia and Vader are an awesome combo in any condition. I wish that I could have added one. I knew that it would go high and didn't bid.

The Snaggletooth Ackbar 2 Pack for $3600 on ebay awhile back set the record for a public sale. Private sales...hmmm...could be a bit more, but sworn to secrecy about some those.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351745745476...84.m1435.l2649

Leia is always in demand. She looks nice all white against that orange setting sun background.
    Last edited by Jimmy_2Pack; 06-06-2016 at 03:07 PM. Reason: added ebay link

$3,600!! I missed that listing. Presuming that's the only known Snag combo then? Incredible result.

Leia original seems to be one of the most common figures to appear. Not quite Gen Mad or Han Trench but certainly a frequent appearance from her.

Yes, Snaggletooth is definitely uncommon and Leia is pretty common (but since she is popular and looks good on that card, she usually does well on price).

Yoda and R2-D2 are in the same category as Snaggletooth.

... and then we have our boy X-wing Luke popping up there too, nice combo...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351740714604...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Quote Originally Posted by Hoth_My_Fav View Post
    ... and then we have our boy X-wing Luke popping up there too, nice combo...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351740714604...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Yes. LXW is a tough one. I'm not going to even think about bidding...too rich for my blood.

I truly enjoyed the days when I was one of the few collecting these and was picking them up for $25-$50 in the early 2000's. Those days are long gone. I chose 2 packs as a focus because 3 packs were too expensive (I only bought 2 of those: Bespin for $500 and Villains for $1000 - those days are gone too!!) and no one else was going after them. Still solid advice for a new focus today (if there are still even any unclaimed territories ).

Recently saw an auction on ebay for a two pack, where, the bubble came off. Looks like the bubble coming off took off about 50% of the value of the piece. It had been already graded Man, I like these ROTJ 2-packs and are unique, I like the "ugly" factor of these cards but dang, I dont know about buying them and then getting a 50% hair cut!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoth_My_Fav View Post
    Recently saw an auction on ebay for a two pack, where, the bubble came off. Looks like the bubble coming off took off about 50% of the value of the piece. It had been already graded Man, I like these ROTJ 2-packs and are unique, I like the "ugly" factor of these cards but dang, I don't know about buying them and then getting a 50% hair cut!
    that doesn't happen very often. On a positive note, I bet the bubble was not yellowed! It seems that the bubbles were made out of a similar plastic to that of the tri-logos and, thus, rarely yellow.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast