Page 2 of 132 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: AT-ACT Walker

Hanging out in a room with shelves full of stuff I can't admit to on a first date.

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthPete View Post
    I wouldn't be crying myself to sleep if its a Death Star. Or a Sail Barge. Or a Star Destroyer.
    Any of these or the Ghost.
    Co-host of 3 guys talking Star Wars toys at Kesel Run Collecting

always buying SA imp army builders, even beaters for a decent price.

Kylos Ship I'd bet
    Looking for:
    Stormtrooper Commander

I may consider a Ghost or Death Star at that price point. Maybe. Most likely the price will drop though. And most likely it will not be something cool.
    -boba772

Quote Originally Posted by MyenShi View Post
    Don't quote me but didn't Hasbro say the BMF today would retail at $500 or so?

This is what leads me to think you're right about it being the Nerf AT-AT. Why would Hasbro go out of there way and finally make a Death Star Playset now, when they've decided to go cheap on everything else.

Would I love a DS playset? Of course I would, but I'm just not ready to believe that Hasbro would actually make one after years of dismissing playsets. heck, they couldn't even come up with a playset for TFA.

I think that the amount that's Floating around is what Hasbro wants People to pay for a redone AT-AT with the nerf gun. If hasbro believes that the BMF (which would only Need to be produced) would cost about $500, then I'm sure a newly-purposed AT-AT would have to go for about the Price.

I'm not getting my hopes up because this is typical Hasbro. Lots of hype for nothing. Also, we don't even know if we'll actually see the DS itself in the film. The agents are only supposed to steal the plans and they may not even come into contact with the DS itself. There could be some Scenes of the imperials there, but I don't know if the DS will make a big appearance in RO.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

The only reason the BMF sells for $500 is because it is not for sale any more. The few people that really really really want one will pay and drive up the price. But in a reatail setting the number of people who "really really really" want one are are stilling to spend $500 for one at target is pretty low. At $300 unless its in really limited quanities, or has over the top features that make people want to throw their 2008 BMF into the trash, I can't see this new item being too much of a commercial success.

But I am eager to see what it is and I might start a small savings account for it now.

It'll be the rumoured nerf'd AT-AT with the rumoured nerf'd A-Wing, plus some figures and loosely tied to Rogue 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Internets View Post
    It'll be the rumoured nerf'd AT-AT with the rumoured nerf'd A-Wing, plus some figures and loosely tied to Rogue 1.
    I guess we should consider ourselves lucky that LFL/Disney doesn't own Nerf then.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

I really don't get the Nerf angle. Do adult collectors really want deformed/oversized vehicles or accessories that are Nerf launchers? Are parents really going to drop 300 bucks on an exclusive Nerf toy for their kids? I understand Hasbro not wanting to tool a brand new vehicle or playset because of the costs involved so rehashing an existing mold makes sense, but is anyone out there really telling Hasbro, I got 300 bucks and want a Nerf shooting AT-AT!"

Who is the real market for this?

We've gotten some good AT-ATs and those things take up a lot of space to display. I don't want another one. I have zero interest in playsets either. I'd rather see Kylo's ship, Jabba's Sail Barge, or the Sandcrawler. I don't think any of those are likely though.

I'd like to see a good Bespin freezing chamber if we're going playset route. Throw in an ugnaught or two and a Bespin guard. We haven't seen those figures in a while.

Page 2 of 132 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast