Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Leia - D'Qar

Sculpt is there. I can see old Carrie in there. Only problem is, as usual, Hasbro's paint apps are *****.
    JTA: a wretched hive of scum and idiocy. You should be cautious.

Palp's feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Jawa View Post
    I just don't have the words. This figure is mystifying on every level. Why make a super articulated version of this figure when there are so many other figures that would benefit from it? Why release Leia in this outfit before the uniform she wore throughout most of the film? Why add soft goods beneath the plastic outer robe which will render any articulation useless? Then there's the matter of the head sculpt and paint applications. It looks like an intergalactic drag queen.

Thinking about it, the Wal-mart line is not just the SA line its supposed to be a "Collector" line too. So why make this a mass produced 5POA figure no kid would want that would peg-warm everywhere, when you can make a much smaller production run for the exclusive line and make it really nice with SA so collectors don't feel they're getting ripped off?

Seriously. After busting her hump to get into fighting shape for the movie, they go and make her look like an old hag here. Sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by kk1 View Post
    Thinking about it, the Wal-mart line is not just the SA line its supposed to be a "Collector" line too. So why make this a mass produced 5POA figure no kid would want that would peg-warm everywhere, when you can make a much smaller production run for the exclusive line and make it really nice with SA so collectors don't feel they're getting ripped off?
    Good point except I'm betting most collectors would have vastly preferred the other outfit. Agreed that is a niche figure.

It looks like an old lady in a blue dress. Pretty accurate...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I don't HATE this figure, I strongly dislike it though...

I don't now, outside of the eyebrows, it looks pretty spot on to me of old lady Leia. This is par for the course Hasbro - INCOSISTANT! Outside of thePOTJ Bespin escape Leia, LC Leia Medical Frigate and TVC Hoth Leia figures what heads have really looked like her?

This figure's expression captures that stiff look she had in the movie. I can hear her speaking now (Read this in the raspy Owen Wilson voice): "Schay guyz, that schneaky Schnoke did it! He took my schon away which was just an excuse for Han to run around the galaxschy schmoozing with other ladies in a cantina! (No one wanted to kiss her, not even Chewie after Han's death. Han pushed her into his chest to get out of it.)

This figure is perfect to recreate the scens from the movie!......and yes, I give Carrie props for trying hard, she is awesome!

Oh my lord, late night posting with tired eyes not great for spell checking.

Why no edit? Et tu RS?

Hasbro please make a Super articulated Nabrun Leids!

Dear Lord, that's hideous.
    Not spooky, just stinky.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast