Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Han Solo (Starkiller Base)

Frustrating but so glad we're getting him in 3.75 SA form. Not gonna bother with a hair repaint but i guess it's doable with little effort.

Quote Originally Posted by xfamousnicknaro View Post
    Oh, son of a... why? Why this version first? Whatever.
    They're all going to get made eventually and people are going to buy both regular and Star Killer versions regardless of which comes out first.

Their refusal to give him is proper hair color is a bit baffling. My inference is that they're operating under the assumption that old people don't sell figures? Maybe? You can be sure that they will do the hair color right at some point. After all of these have sold through.

Word of warning, these may be bootlegs. That's the rumor going around now.
    Hasbro, if you're listening, REBEL PILOT MULTIPACK! Rogue One: Antoc Merrick, Blue Leader. A New Hope: Theron Nett, Red 10. Empire Strikes Back: Rogue 4, Hobbie Klivian Snowspeeder. Return of the Jedi: Horten Salm, Gray Leader. All easy kitbashes, all unique, a guaranteed best seller.

Quote Originally Posted by wedgeswingman View Post
    nah man. Only Hasbro can do eyes like that.
    Check out my UPDATED Star Wars Art Gallery

nah, these aren't customs. Are they?...
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

I'm sure these are real. The paint on Phasma's mouth not connecting to her eye lenses (just like the BS F.O. Stormtrooper) and Han's hair being brown are two simple paint apps that no customizer who made complex figures like these would mess up on. Hasbro absolutely would, and has, apparently.
    You disappoint me! Yoda holds you in such high esteem --- SURELY you can do better!

HOW can these Ben bootlegs? Take a look at the figures. Then go find the BEST Bootleg Star Wars figure available. Compare the nature of the bootleg figure to these figures. Beyond the Internet paranoia, what reason do you have to believe these may be bootlegs"?

Before you say it, I know you're going to say "hey man chill out i didn't say these were bootlegs, just that's the rumor and to be careful". But that's a cop out, because there's NO reason to think these are bootlegs other than that rumor itself. It isn't like you can say "well this and this and this points to these being bootlegs even though they may not be". You're just posting these "may be bootlegs" for the sake of posting they may be bootlegs. By this reasoning one could post;

"Be careful, there's a rumor that these are actually made of chocolate"

Not entirely sure these are customs, they could be, but the "code names" used last Fall as placeholders for these figures on Walmart's site seem to match up to the figures now revealed:

"Sidekick Battler Blue" - Han Solo. Another TFA Han Solo figure had a similar codename, something like "Sidekick Battler Brown" to indicate the color of the jacket he wears. So this one being Han in his blue jacket makes sense.

"Villain Trooper Commander" - Phasma. Easy enough.

"Secondary Hero Fighter" - Leia. "Hero Fighter" meaning Leia, "secondary" referring to her other (ie. non-Resistance/military-esque) outfit seen in the film.

The Han and Leia are very odd choices, considering Hasbro claims that higher-articulated figures cost more to tool and produce and that the Black Series is now a "collector friendly" line. I'm sure most of us are wondering why they'd tool up versions of Han and Leia in outfits that have about ten seconds or so of total screen time when they could make them in their primary outfits and be guaranteed to not only sell but find many collectors buying multiples of each (myself included).

But hey, it's 2016 and it's Hasbro so this shouldn't really be too surprising I guess
    "It's true, all of it…The Dark Side…The Jedi…They're real"
    My Trade & Classifieds Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by 12501 View Post
    Not entirely sure these are customs, they could be, but the "code names" used last Fall as placeholders for these figures on Walmart's site seem to match up to the figures now revealed: "Sidekick Battler Blue" - Han Solo. Another TFA Han Solo figure had a similar codename, something like "Sidekick Battler Brown" to indicate the color of the jacket he wears. So this one being Han in his blue jacket makes sense. "Villain Trooper Commander" - Phasma. Easy enough. "Secondary Hero Fighter" - Leia. "Hero Fighter" meaning Leia, "secondary" referring to her other (ie. non-Resistance/military-esque) outfit seen in the film. The Han and Leia are very odd choices, considering Hasbro claims that higher-articulated figures cost more to tool and produce and that the Black Series is now a "collector friendly" line. I'm sure most of us are wondering why they'd tool up versions of Han and Leia in outfits that have about ten seconds or so of total screen time when they could make them in their primary outfits and be guaranteed to not only sell but find many collectors buying multiples of each (myself included). But hey, it's 2016 and it's Hasbro so this shouldn't really be too surprising I guess
    My guess is that they've got Leia in her commander outfit coming in the 5 POA line, and with the standard 5 POA Han already in stores, they just wanted to offer something different. I don't necessarily agree with that line of thinking for outfits with minimal screen time, but what can you do?
    You disappoint me! Yoda holds you in such high esteem --- SURELY you can do better!

I like the looks of the figure. But I can't help feel it's been done before, specifically Hoth Han. I mean here we have a brand new movie, and both outfits seem like exact replicas of the first. I was hoping to see Han in some sort of new outfit for a change.

Plus, did we ever "really'' see him wear this on screen? I can't remember. It's kind of funny then we're getting two figures of look that lasted seconds, rather than what they wore 90% of the time.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast