Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official LEGO Ideas Thread

Official LEGO Ideas Thread

Here is a link
    http://youtube/vdf_gFimdn8

Super 7 race cars and Adventure time brick built figures both passed.

Are these sets you are excited for? I won't be picking these up but I think there are some fans of the adventure time cartoon out there who will be excited right?

The first couple days of January the news blog on the site said we would get results in a few weeks.

We finally got results today, March 11. No info about delays. No communication at all. That is just one of a few issues with the Ideas platform that are being brought up by different people. Ideas is being run very poorly. Honestly I have lost faith in the Ideas team for multiple reasons that I won't get into any further here.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 08-04-2017 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Combining threads to make a mega thread

I was watching the announcement this morning and was initially let down when they announced the race cars set but felt the Adventure Time announcement totally redeemed it.
    As far as the race cars set, I see this being overall low interest which means production numbers will be low. They will initially sell out which will cause an initial panic on ebay but then when the dust settles they'll end up being $10 over initial retail just like the female scientist set.

Meh, I lost internet when the Zelda sets were rejected.
    Gorge, guzzle and wench, for tomorrow we get gutted.

Not really. The car is pretty nifty....but Adventure Time.....lame!
    Lego ISD "Avenger"
    "Don't under estimate the power of the Dark Side"

The Adventure Time sets could be fun - I just hope they aren't another (silly) Spongebob line or worse... an Angry Birds line. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching Adventure Time with my son but I don't know if it has any place in his LEGO box.
    LEGO Star Wars content manager - Rebelscum
    LEGO Star Wars forum administrator - Rebelscum
    RLFM Representative - LEGO Ambassador Network

No interest in either sets but I know Adventure Time has a cult following....which surprisingly, didn't help the Big Bang Theory sales.
    Last edited by oneknightr; 03-21-2016 at 09:44 AM.

I wouldn't say that Big Bang has a cult following - it's far too ingrained in popular culture. I really enjoy the show but can't see the point of the set. It's purely a display item, and has no real play options. That said, I display my LEGO sets and play with my sons (which he also displays) so I don't want to be told by LEGO that I am limited to displaying it because they didn't think it through. Perhaps if there were a couple of more rooms, like the canteen or the restaurant and a science lab so we could minifig cosplay out episodes... ?

Given my statement of cult vs pop culture I think I ought to redact my "Adventure Time is cult" statement. Ren & Stimpy is cult. Adventure Time is not, but it appeals to the same age and gender group that LEGO does so it'll work.
    LEGO Star Wars content manager - Rebelscum
    LEGO Star Wars forum administrator - Rebelscum
    RLFM Representative - LEGO Ambassador Network

The results are out for the next Ideas review (January - April 2016) I really like the look of the The Old Fishing Store, and coming in at over 2100 pieces, I'm thrilled to finally see a larger set selected. I just hope Lego doesn't shave too many pieces off that for the final product. The set looks great as is.
    There is a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in
    - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Jedi View Post
    The results are out for the next Ideas review (January - April 2016) I really like the look of the The Old Fishing Store, and coming in at over 2100 pieces, I'm thrilled to finally see a larger set selected. I just hope Lego doesn't shave too many pieces off that for the final product. The set looks great as is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=-48GOzZCAQ8

I'll paste here what I just posted about it on another Lego forum:

I like the design and it looks like a fun build.

With the approved model being 2160 pieces it is going to be substantially redesigned. We have never had an Ideas set of 1k+ pieces. I'm concerned that the final product will be a shell of the original model and that it will lose a lot of what makes it good.

One of the main things that makes this design so great is the lack of visible studs and the color used for the tiles that gives it an aged look. If the final model doesn't hide the studs and use the nice color variety of tiles in the roof and the walls and the decking, and also the nice brick look on the lower part of the model, it will be another case of "what was voted on is not what was delivered".

But I'll keep my fingers crossed and keep a hopeful attitude about it. The current design is wonderful.

Mmm, yes....I definitely agree with your thoughts Hutt. I'd be willing to break out of my normal licensed Lego-buying habits to buy a set like this, but I can foresee Lego doing away with the extensive SNOT techniques and delivering a more 'playable' model.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast