Thread: Kylo Ren Replica Robe, etc

Kylo Ren Replica Robe, etc

Hey all,

Not sure if this is the right spot to post this, but I am looking at making a Kylo Ren replica costume. I have been using the 501st costume gallery for reference (I have no intent on making something to submit, just something cool to wear at cons) and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for what cloth material to use that I could preferably buy at a walmart or jo anne fabrics, etc. I have seen a lot of people online using monk's cloth but it seems a little pricey and hard to find in black. I am not looking for it to be 100% accurate, but a weaved material would be nice.

Any suggestions?

Yeah, if you look over at:
    Star Wars: Knights of Ren

they have about every possible piece of info you could ever need on fabrics, pieces, helmets, lightsabers, belts, gloves, etc. There was a really long post there about all the fabric types and how to make each piece but I can't find it at the moment, so you can just search around on there. I know they did have some runs of the specific fabrics available on there for purchase at some point.

Personally, I bought the costume base Kylo costume last year and really like it. You can get it on amazon or ebay. I think it was around $180 and it's not screen accurate, but the quality and material on it are really nice. I have no intention of hand making all the layers the kylo costume has. At the moment I'm doing Rey's costume for the GF which is taking up all my time.

More info on it is at:
    Kylo Ren Costume base

pay no mind to their promo pics of the costume, those look terrible. But if you look at the pics of actual people wearing it further in the thread, it is very nice.

Thanks for the response, I was going to have a seamstress help make me one, but for the price of fabric alone, the better deal might be to order this one you led me to and have it tailored to fit.
    Amazon.com: Kylo Ren Standard Sith Costume with Belt: Clothing

Quote Originally Posted by redwillow View Post
    Yeah, if you look over at:
    Star Wars: Knights of Ren

they have about every possible piece of info you could ever need on fabrics, pieces, helmets, lightsabers, belts, gloves, etc. There was a really long post there about all the fabric types and how to make each piece but I can't find it at the moment, so you can just search around on there. I know they did have some runs of the specific fabrics available on there for purchase at some point.

Personally, I bought the costume base Kylo costume last year and really like it. You can get it on amazon or ebay. I think it was around $180 and it's not screen accurate, but the quality and material on it are really nice. I have no intention of hand making all the layers the kylo costume has. At the moment I'm doing Rey's costume for the GF which is taking up all my time.

More info on it is at:
    Kylo Ren Costume base

pay no mind to their promo pics of the costume, those look terrible. But if you look at the pics of actual people wearing it further in the thread, it is very nice.

Yep, that's it. I added a wire to the hood on mine. Also saw someone on the rpf had theirs pro altered. Mine fit pretty well out of the box.

For your question about rey costume, you can start here
    Star Wars Rey Costume Part 1 – Wrap Dress – emeraldB

and there are posts on there covering each piece in the cosplay section. We did have luck getting parts of that locally. It is all explained there in detail. Part 4 ( staff) will be up soon but you can see pics of it now if you look further down in this forum. Rey hip bag pics are there too.
    At the moment i'm working on the holdout blaster she got from Han. Also moving toward the resistance costume with the vest and hip holster, since some of the pieces are the same for both outfits.

..... further back on this forum i put up a post about a cheap kylo hilt I repainted last year that might be of interest too.
    Last edited by redwillow; 03-07-2016 at 06:42 PM.

I 3D printed a kylo hilt on my library's 3d printer and my friend finished it really nice for me. I'll try to post some pics for all to see.

Gonna try the same with a Rey blaster. Found a nice file online for it.

Thanks for the Rey info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! Im using rub n buff silver leaf for the first time to make the metal look on the rey blaster and i like the look. Will put up pics when it's done.

There's the before and after. Hope it posted ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks great, will go super with a kylo costume!