Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slave 1 with Boba Fett

I have an extra SL Boba Fett I'm planning on repainting. I was planning to boil and pop the limbs and just wanted to know if that would cause damage to the limbs. Or should I just prime and paint? It's my first time repainting a figure at that size.
    Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
    I figured I'd post it here instead of bringing up the SL BF thread since it's the same figure..

You can remove the limbs by boil and pop, but they won't go in once you finished. I did that with a Mission Series Vader and I had to cut two sides of the articulation disc to get it to fit again, and the arm became very loose.

Your best bet to disassemble these kinds of figures is to break open the torso with a proper tool and a thick cloth wrapping, but the breaking point will be unpredictable and you could end with a transversal crack.

The figures with solid PVC torsos, like the SL Snowtrooper or Hera, can be disassembled and assembled back easily by boil & pop, but the ones with a hollow, sonic welded, ABS hard plastic torso can't. That is the case with Fett.

very useful info...thank you!

If you cut the disc on the arms into a mushroom shape you can pop it back in. Assuming you didn't do any damage in the initial boil and pop like stretch the peg then the arm will be tight. If you are careful when trimming the disc you can leave enough left that the arms will fit properly AND you can remove them arms if you wish. It involves trimming a little more than just the mushroom shape as the walls of the disc need to be thin.

Cracking Torso's can be done and isn't too bad if you are practiced at it. But it takes some practice and some broken Torso's before you have it down. What you need to do is take an Xacto knife to the seam along the side of the torso. You need a nice thin blade, slice the connecting post in the middle of the torso then torque your blade to pry it open. The only downside to doing this is that depending on how well the torso cracks you'll have a more pronounced seam on the side. Cracking torso's is always a last resort.

Popping heads and arms is the easiest. Legs are a little bit trickier.

F F U R G

A little old, but still the best place to start.

That's the nice thing about 5POA coming back. All my old skills are now current. Seems like a lot of customizers dropped off too....
    “What’s a Star War?”

I'm not an "opener", and I really love this packaging art and the Boba figure, I just can't justify buying that vehicle. It's ridiculous. If it had been the POTF mold/sculpt, I'd be all over it.

What a complete joke! Even compared to the Kenner vintage vehicle, which was the basis for the POTF2/SOTE version of Slave I, it's just ridiculous. And that's not taking into account the AOTC version which was repainted for the OTC line, or the excellent upscaled CW/TVC versions.

Saw this surprisingly @ WM up here yesterday. Easy pass though, since I bought the same version 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklab View Post
    What a complete joke! Even compared to the Kenner vintage vehicle, which was the basis for the POTF2/SOTE version of Slave I, it's just ridiculous. And that's not taking into account the AOTC version which was repainted for the OTC line, or the excellent upscaled CW/TVC versions.
    Agreed. I almost bought it just to see how small it is in person and take pictures next to the VC version.

I picked this up while seeing it on sale at TRU here in Parts Unknown (sale price is USA retail btw). I think I was quite lucky to find it infact, most of the stuff on the sales floor here is of the junk/warmer variety.It's a nice enough kids toy, a bit small, but easy to handle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12