Page 1 of 100 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Bandai : Movie Realization Star Wars

Bandai : Movie Realization Star Wars

Bandai : Movie Realization Star Wars

For those folks that enjoy a little "out of the ordinary" take on Star Wars, the Meisho Movie Realization Star Wars line by Tamashii Nations of super pose-able figures won't be a disappointment. The line basically re-imagines legendary Star Wars characters paying homage to the Samurai aesthetic, dressed in Feudal-style Japanese armor and weaponry, where much of Lucas' visions originated when creating Star Wars. Because of its unfamiliar look, this concept in mash-up design may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but it is indeed a well thought out and executed idea, breaking away from the common Star Wars style, and offering the collector a new take on the Saga, very appealing to the eye. Priced at around $90.00 each these are not cheap, nonetheless, you get a lot for your buck..

Movie Realization figures are approximately 7 inches tall, and finely crafted by some of Japan's top sculpting talent. One can tell by the quality and detailed of their intricate designs how much care was placed into their creation. Each super articulated sculpt features an endless amount of poses, with up to 15 points of articulation. This doesn't compromise the tightness of the joints, which firmly keep any given pose in place without becoming loose. Depending on the character, each figure gets packed with stylized blasters, rifles, Katanas, and several sets of hands, allowing the collector to be creative with the poses. Paint application is another plus, being nothing short of perfect.

Here are some pictures of the first three figures already released in the line. Many more have been announced, including a Royal Guard, another Vader and a Sandtrooper

SAMURAI TAISHO DARTH VADER

- There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

ASHIGARU STORMTROOPER

- There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

RONIN BOBA FETT

Last edited by LightSword; 01-25-2016 at 04:22 AM.

Fleet Admiral

My local CBS had these the other day when I stopped in. I'll probably pick one up.
    "Who's scruffy looking!?!?"

Personally, I don't think you'll be disappointed. They're really well made. I bought mine from my local CBS also, and paid less than the $90.00 MSRP, since I'm a known customer and I get a discount. That said, if you or anyone interested have a Barnes & Noble near by, and have a membership with them, they can be purchased there for less than their retail price using the discount their membership offers.
    Last edited by LightSword; 01-25-2016 at 01:19 PM.

A very nice take on the Star Wars look.
    Last edited by Rodders; 01-26-2016 at 05:20 AM.

Finally received the Ronin Fett a couple days ago. very nice looking so far, although i haven't opened the box yet. Still need to find a place to display him. One of the reasons/problems I haven't gotten into the bigger figures, space.

The Trooper doesn't interest me at all. But I might get the Vader one eventually.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Here are some official pictures of the Darth Vader #2 figure released in December, and other upcoming figures for this year:

- Teppou Ashigaru Sandtrooper: February (Japan)

- Akazonae Royal Guard: May
    (Japan)

- Taikoyaku Stormtrooper: June
    (Japan)

Last edited by LightSword; 01-27-2016 at 05:21 AM.

Page 1 of 100 1231151 ... LastLast