Page 2 of 100 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Bandai : Movie Realization Star Wars

I cannot wait to get that royal guard!

The sandtrooper's big gun cracks me up.

Yeah, that Royal Guard does look nifty!

Another Vader and Stormy though seems too soon. Could have done one of the other Trooper styles, like maybe Hoth or Biker Scout. Or even one from the PT. I'm guessing they'll stick to armored characters, due to the nature of the theme.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Kielbassa View Post
    I cannot wait to get that royal guard!

The sandtrooper's big gun cracks me up.
    I agree. The Sandtrooper's matchlock-style rifle borderlines on the comedic side of things. But as funny as it looks, it appears to be an artistic interpretation on the Ozutsu hand-cannon, a weapon that could be loaded with a variety of ammunition, lead b.a.l.l.s. and arrows for use at close range...

It's interesting how besides these figures being super cool looking, they also show historical value. The Taikoyagu Stormtrooper (drummer stormtrooper), for instance, sports a striking drum, but those (Taiko drum) were actually used during feudal times to ward off evil and strengthen the courage of young warrior going into battle. The banner, called a Nobori is also very representative of those times, and the conch shell (Horagai) was also traditionally used as a battlefield horn.

The Royal Guard is awesome, and the fact you can actually remove the crimson robes to expose the armor underneath showing the imperial cog, makes it even better. Personally, being a Samurai movie fan since I was a kid, enjoying movies with Toshiro Mifune and Shintaro Katsu (Zatoichi), building up this collection is something of a nostalgic value I very much look forward to. It would be a very unique display having all these figures on a shelf.
    Last edited by LightSword; 01-28-2016 at 12:04 AM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Yeah, that Royal Guard does look nifty!

Another Vader and Stormy though seems too soon. Could have done one of the other Trooper styles, like maybe Hoth or Biker Scout. Or even one from the PT. I'm guessing they'll stick to armored characters, due to the nature of the theme.
    They are in fact considering a take on Jango Fett as a child with Boba Fett, as well as other characters. A Jango Fett figure was shown last year, so he is coming and would be the first PT character produced for the line. In some of the social media where they participate, Bandai has been asking collectors what characters they want to see added to this line. Apparently they are listening and paying attention to requests. I agree with you, a Biker Scout would be a pretty cool figure to have made in Samurai armor.

Here are some of the characters being considered:

- Darth Maul as Oni
    - Yoda as Sennin (Recluse Sage/Hermit)
    - Boba Fett and Jango Fett as Lone Wolf and Cub
    - C-3PO and R2-D2 as Ornaments and Bells
    - AT-AT Walker in Samurai Horse bridling
    - Princess Leia in Kimono

- Here is a series of slides from SDCC last year, showing what is being considered to be made.

Last edited by LightSword; 01-28-2016 at 05:10 AM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

This past December during a special exhibit in Tokyo, Bandai Movie Realization showcased a new figure: Ronin Jango Fett at their Akihabara Showroom. From the looks of it, Jango appears to be a re-paint of the Ronin BobaFett , with the addition of a set of holsters and blaster pistols. I think Jango looks quite striking in his re-imagined armor. The release date for this figure is not yet known.

Last edited by LightSword; 01-28-2016 at 08:55 PM.

- Besides the Drummer Stormtrooper we've seen, there are more Footsoldiers to come out, including a Spearman and an Archer, as announced last year during SDCC...

Last edited by LightSword; 01-28-2016 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    This past December during a special exhibit in Tokyo, Bandai Movie Realization showcased a new figure: Ronin Jango Fett at their Akihabara Showroom. From the looks of it, Jango appears to be a re-paint of the Ronin BobaFett , with the addition of a set of holsters and blaster pistols. I think Jango looks quite striking in his re-imagined armor. The release date for Jango is not yet known.

I hadn't seen this, but I love it.

It would be very interesting to see how they pull off making the AT-AT. If Bandai gets the green light to have the it produced, I'm not sure what scale they'll use. If they choose to stay within the same scale as the figures, which I doubt they would, this AT-AT could be rather large.
    Last edited by LightSword; 01-29-2016 at 11:25 PM. Reason: typo

Jango looks great, I'll definitely get him! Leia has promise, but I'd have to wait and see how the final product turns out. Yoda, not likely something I'd like. Maul, unsure.
    be interesting to see their take on Luke or Obi-Wan though, they might be cool looking.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Page 2 of 100 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast