Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Admiral Ackbar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Well, I never saw him until today at a Bi-Mart store. So I broke down and bought him. Still ot sure If I want to keep him, impulse buy from being starved for product. And Ackbar I know. So if anyone still needs him I might be able to part with him, trade him straight up for that new General Leia.
    And he's 6POA!

Just picked up one of these from a 99 Cent Only store... for $1.99. They had several of the 5th Brother, Tasu Leech, Kylo, Phasma and one each of Luke and Ackbar.

Quote Originally Posted by solid_strider View Post
    Just picked up one of these from a 99 Cent Only store... for $1.99. They had several of the 5th Brother, Tasu Leech, Kylo, Phasma and one each of Luke and Ackbar.
    I could use one for a custom - what was the actual name of the store?

It actually is 99 Cents Only:

https://99only.com/
    Thanks, I had no idea that was an actual store name!

It actually is 99 Cents Only:

https://99only.com/
    But you paid $1.99. What gives?
    Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "l'll go a little later, I'll go a littler later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    The first time I ever saw a 99 cent store, was in a mall in Maryland. I laughed hysterically as every 10-30 seconds someone walked up to the counter & asked what the price for this item was. They literally heard the cashier tell the person in front of them the same thing as they pointed to a HUGE sign that said YES everything in the store is 99 cents.
    This post was written is the sarcasm font. It looks like a regular font but contains sarcasm.
    Feedback BST
    I love this Bar! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU3_zzZQzx0

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    I don't know what the deal is, I guess it's like Dollar General or Family Dollar if you have those chains in your area. Most of the stuff at those stores is over $1 too. I actually went to the 99 Cents Only store looking for Lego Dimensions sets. They really were $.99 when they got some in last year, but the latest shipments stores have been getting have been upped to $1.99.

Finally got this TFA Ackbar figure from Amazon. It was more than I wanted to pay (about $12), but I never saw this @ retail, so decided to get this before it got too high in price.

As it stands, this is definitely a nice, well-sculpted figure. Despite the 5 POA, it has good detail - and I like the updated outfit. Since Ackbar was one of the few aliens seen in ROTJ that was also in TFA (along with NN), I like the continuity this character represents as a kind of "bridge" from the OT to the ST.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223