Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Admiral Ackbar

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosauron View Post
    That one rotates at the waist; too many POA for this line.
    I guess they'd have to Jack up the price again.
    “What’s a Star War?”

If it's an all new sculpt, then I'm all for it. I don't want to see a rerelease of an existing figure. If Hasbro does that, then they might as well not even bother and people can buy an old Ackbar figure and paint his tunic brown.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

I was joking. I seriously doubt they'll release the old mold. Hasbro seems very intent on a certain look from their 5poa figures.
    “What’s a Star War?”

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick10126 View Post
    I was joking. I seriously doubt they'll release the old mold. Hasbro seems very intent on a certain look from their 5poa figures.
    Yep, I kind of guessed it was a joke. I do agree that the current 5POA format has its own distinctive look compared to POTF2, which had its own visual style. Looking back, I'm not a fan of the POTF2 look at all. Even after they got rid of the overly buff bodies, I'm still not a fan of that style. Today it feels too cartoonish. The current 5POA style is probably my favorite of the modern line. It feels like the true modern successor to the vintage Kenner line.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

I would get a new Ackbar in a heartbeat. He has always been one of my favorite alien characters.

I love how retro the Resistance outfits are. I see the good Admiral there in front of that board and I can picture him going on tour with ABBA dressing like that.

I'm proposing a Ackbar caption contest once this guy is released.

Some acceptable examples:

Ackbar addressing comatose R2: Where's the map!
    ackbar dressed as a director: That's a wrap!
    Ackbar holding a smartphone: Get the App!
    Ackbar dressed as a doctor: It's the clap!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Yep, I kind of guessed it was a joke. I do agree that the current 5POA format has its own distinctive look compared to POTF2, which had its own visual style. Looking back, I'm not a fan of the POTF2 look at all. Even after they got rid of the overly buff bodies, I'm still not a fan of that style. Today it feels too cartoonish. The current 5POA style is probably my favorite of the modern line. It feels like the true modern successor to the vintage Kenner line.
    I get what you're saying about the look of the POTF2 line but I really like it still.

This line does feel like a good sucessor the the vintage line but some of those potf2 figures have yet to be topped imo.

Potf2 emperor still holds up today.
    “What’s a Star War?”

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick10126 View Post
    I get what you're saying about the look of the POTF2 line but I really like it still.

This line does feel like a good sucessor the the vintage line but some of those potf2 figures have yet to be topped imo.

Potf2 emperor still holds up today.
    I don't think there has been a better Emporer figure than that release, all the others have had one issue or another, I would love to see them take a pass at it in the modern 5 POA.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast