Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mini Arcade (thanks, Utinniii!)

I've since made a Defender, and not necessarily because it was a favorite, but the template was oriented on the page better than some others for the scale I've been printing them.

Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

Awesome work! They look great, particularly the graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzzler View Post
    One of my favorite novelty Christmas ornaments is the Pac-Man Arcade cabinet that Hallmark made some years back.
    Found some time to take a few pics with it...

Republic Commando; greatest EU storyline ever. Its failure to complete is a genuine literary loss.
    Now the entire EU's failure to continue, to even matter, is a greater loss.
    My Feedback Thread In Here ---> http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1084715/

Wow, that's pretty cool! I don't remember seeing that.

Well, got a new printer at home, but also gave up my good camera! So, I added an Asteroids to the group, seen here in a crappy pic:

Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Just out of curiosity, what materials did everyone use to make theirs? Mine were just printed on plain cardstock and cut and glued. I think when (if) I get to redo them my way would be to print on glossy decal paper, apply to styrene sheet and go from there. Daigo-Bahs machines look light years better than mine, but his are a larger scale too. Thoughts?

Thanks for saying so! I printed mine onto glossy photo paper (almost as thick as cardstock), cut them with x-acto blades, folded with a straightedge, and used regular elmer's glue in thin amounts. I then glued foamcore pieces inside the cabinet, at least on the front facing and side facing panels. Lastly, 2 thin posterboard strips were cut, folded along the contour of the cabinet, and super-glued along the 2 front edges to get the molding look (which also gives a faux thickness appearance to the paper itself).

Edit: I might reprint just the lower front face of the Joust cabinet, since the old printer gave it a kind of low-res striped look.
    Last edited by Daigo_Bah; 01-01-2016 at 11:31 AM.

Glossy paper might be OK. However, (if my faulty memory serves me correct) the bulk of the machine wasn't glossy (just the decals). The styrene will add the proper thickness so I think that is a great idea.

I agree that DB's look exceptional. Mine were testers to see if the image would print nicely and they look like paper models. His look like real machines.

(I had hoped someone had found the template for the sitdown SW game.)

Quote Originally Posted by Utinniii View Post
    Glossy paper might be OK. However, (if my faulty memory serves me correct) the bulk of the machine wasn't glossy (just the decals).
    You're absolutely right- the decals and to some extent the monitor can be considered glossy. But the combination of this new printer (such vibrant colors!) I have now, plus the glossy paper, the new machines are looking even better! I made yet another: Tempest, due to the color scheme and unique cabinet shape. It is scaled to the others, but you can probably see the Asteroids is a bit smaller because I "fit to page" when printing that one. I love how colorful that one came out too! I'm thinking of remaking Dragon's Lair with the new printer. Here is the current arcade:

Lookin' great!
    A tedious way to add gloss is cutting glossy tape to size or printing out the decals separately.

Different machines were different sizes, especially if a machine was reconditioned to make a new game so yours doesn't look out of place to me.

Ok, I made ANOTHER one! Moon Patrol this time, and I THINK I'm done (yeah, right!).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast