Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Large collection of MOC 12-backs, ESB31/47/48, vehicles and creature all unopened

Hi all,

I added a few more items I found in storage. They are marked with an asterisk above in my original post, but they include

15" MISB Vader and Chewie
    MISB Laser Pistol
    X-wing (SW)

There are also four figures from the first time I tried to do this for my parents. I sent four figures away to be graded, but lost steam on following through. They are
    Dengar (ESB-41a) unpunched AFA 80 (80/80/85)
    IG-88 (ESB-32A) unpunched AFA 75 (75/85/85)
    Lobot (ESB-41A) AFA80 (80/85/85)
    Yoda (ESB-32 AFA 80Y (80/80/85)

Using the condition of these as reference points, I'm feeling pretty good that most things will score AFA 80 or better. (fingers crossed)
    Last edited by UseTheForkLuke; 11-28-2015 at 04:09 PM.

Good luck. Although in my experience vehicles,playsets and 12 backs seem to be graded stricter

I got more graded figures back (bolded in my original post). for the most part things are pretty good. The blister for R2D2 had multiple cracks and really hosed its score.

Bodes well for the rest of the items when I mail them in.

The large figures are all in AFAs hands now, so I should get those back later in the month

Wow!! Awesome grades.

12As have much greater demand than the 12Bs and Cs

Here's my crack at the 12 back valuations if you were to sell on rebelscum or on a highly regarded facebook group

Vader 12 A 85 85/85/85 $4000
    Leia 12 A 85 85/90/85 $3000
    Ben 12 A 85 80/85/85 $2500 - $3000
    3po 12 A 80 85/75/80 $1200
    Han 12 A 80 85/75/80 $2000 - $2500 depending on what the bubble looks like

Jawa 12 C 80 80/80/90 $1200
    R2 12C 40 85/40/85 $500 ? might be risky to mail to someone depending on how the bubble is damaged and where. Could R2 break free if jostled in transit?
    Sandpeople 12 which version back is it? 80 80/85/85 $1500

The Luke 12 back could also go for a lot of money if it grades as high as the vader!
    Last edited by porkinsred6; 12-09-2015 at 10:17 PM. Reason: revised price of 3po and java

Did any of the 12 As have the "SKU on footer" variant? if so that's worth even more

Quote Originally Posted by porkinsred6 View Post
    Did any of the 12 As have the "SKU on footer" variant? if so that's worth even more
    Both Ben & Leia have the SKU on footer, aaccording to what AFA emailed me. I wasn't aware of this variation when I shipped the figures off to them. I will verify they didn't miss any when I receive the package. Luke, Chewie, DSQ, and Stormtrooper, which I've not yet sent in, do not have the SKU.

The only other variations they mention is the Jawa as "Square Bubble/Inner Tray" and Han as "Small head". For these two, I think these are standard for figures with their particular card backs.

Oh, and...

Sand People is 12-B
    For R2, I don't think there was any risk of R2 breaking free.. AFA recommended a $25 "blister support" be added to the case. I went ahead and added it. Not sure if that will help.

I'll start adding photos to my gallery as I start taking them.

Quote Originally Posted by UseTheForkLuke View Post
    I got more graded figures back (bolded in my original post). for the most part things are pretty good. The blister for R2D2 had multiple cracks and really hosed its score.

Bodes well for the rest of the items when I mail them in.

The large figures are all in AFAs hands now, so I should get those back later in the month
    Just wanted to congratulate you on the high scores... great job. You will command top dollar and glad to see again, that you chose to get them graded via AFA.

As a reminder again, if you would consider putting these first on RebelScum as a way saying "thank you" to the great folks here on the forum who have pitched in with prices such as Mr Porkinsred6 that would be great. I am certain collectors would step forward to purchase these from you.

Quote Originally Posted by olisuds View Post
    This is a valuation thread and it would be great if people would give him the valuations and advice he asked for rather than just private offers to buy the collection at no doubt significantly lower price than they are worth. Especially since most of the people would be selling these for their own profit rather than adding to their own personal collection.
    Oli and I don't always agree, but he nailed it. Several of the responses in this thread looked like this to me:

Quote Originally Posted by Ross_Barr View Post
    Oli and I don't always agree, but he nailed it. Several of the responses in this thread looked like this to me:

You are so right...like dangling a big bag of crack in front of a bunch of crack addicts. The truth is the best bet for him to get the most amount for his family/etc is to put them on E-bay anyone that gives any advice other than that is just looking out for themselves although really, can't blame'em...LOL...
    Last edited by IoN_Cannon; 12-10-2015 at 06:46 PM.
    --
    ICT - Ion-Cannon Technician Class III
    LimeLight
    Feedback

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast