Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Large collection of MOC 12-backs, ESB31/47/48, vehicles and creature all unopened

He replied to my pm right after he first posted

I was under the impression he wanted to get them graded and sell them himself

Quote Originally Posted by porkinsred6 View Post
    He replied to my pm right after he first posted

I messaged him after he posted...nada. No dice. He read the messages. Still a nice set....would love to add some to mine if you decide to sell.
    My Feedback
    Looking for a Vlix loose or carded. Also looking for 12 backs. Please PM

Sorry for those who I took a while to reply. Very busy these days (newborn and a 2-year old), also trying to get everything boxed and shipped to AFA. Already sent most of the 12-backs, about to send the large figures. Will send the vehicles and the cantina soon, once I find the right boxes for double boxing. I will post here once I start getting grades back.

One thing about which I am still not clear yet is whether ALL items should be graded. For example, are the 31/47/48 backs going to get the return back to warrant grading and shipping 2x?

I will check back in when I can. Cannot promise same day replies, but will try to reply within a few days (not counting holidays). I don't plan to sell anything without checking in here first.

BTW, I'd assumed I'd be notified when someone replies to this thread, but that didn't appear to be the case. i just figured out how to subscribe, so I will know when to check back in
    Last edited by UseTheForkLuke; 11-24-2015 at 01:00 AM.

This is a valuation thread and it would be great if people would give him the valuations and advice he asked for rather than just private offers to buy the collection at no doubt significantly lower price than they are worth. Especially since most of the people would be selling these for their own profit rather than adding to their own personal collection.

Firstly, I'd say that they are in really nice condition - clean cards, clear bubbles and unpunched and if you AFA grade them and sell them on eBay you should realise maximum value even with the 10% eBay and 3-4% paypal fees considered. eBay lets you search completed and sold listings for values - just ignore the dodgy 12 backs being sold from Spain which are repro/custom rubbish. Since you will be selling these graded and they look to be decent condition you can try searching for "Vintage Star Wars 12 back AFA"

Some prices pulled from eBay for guidance:
    Vader 12 a back unpunched AFA80 $2450
    Luke 12 a back punched AFA80 $2,550 / $2,400
    Han (small head) 12 a back AFA85 $4,500
    Leia 12 a back AFA80 $3,300

If you grade them, take some nice clear pictures and describe them clearly you're going to get top $ for 12 a backs in that condition and unless you are really super busy and wealthy it would be beneficial to sell these yourself separately rather than to someone else in bulk whose just going to make the profit you should be making. Buy yourself some shipping boxes, rolls of tape, bubble wrap, packing peanuts and its going to be worth your time.

As for the frosting on a couple of figures. Don't be put off by that. Just put them out in the sunlight for a very short period of time and that should take care of it. Careful how long though because too much will turn those lovely clear bubbles.

Here's some further reading on that. http://forum.rebelscum.com/t930953/

If you want to know whether it's worth your money to get your other figures graded. Well if they are in as nice condition as your 12 backs with clean cards and nice bubbles then i would say definitely yes. You will more than make your money back on the price of the grading.

Good luck with the sales and i hope you make your parents a nice amount of money on these.

You can't price that sears cantina set by looking at ebay. Unopened examples of those are rare and hard to price, and there aren't any in ebay's history. If it were mine, I'd look in to having it authenticated. AFA should be able to do so without opening it, but you can specify to them NOT to open it if they feel they have to. (They might not authenticate it though.)

Thanks, Gonk. I definitely will have it authenticated. I did find one historical one on ebay that supposedly went for $5500 or so in 2014

Star Wars Vintage Kenner Cantina Adventure Set MISB AFA 80

Quote Originally Posted by Gonk View Post
    You can't price that sears cantina set by looking at ebay. Unopened examples of those are rare and hard to price, and there aren't any in ebay's history. If it were mine, I'd look in to having it authenticated. AFA should be able to do so without opening it, but you can specify to them NOT to open it if they feel they have to. (They might not authenticate it though.)

There was a Q70 cantina that sold on ebay this year in the $2000 range

Just a few thoughts for the original poster...

I would grade it all. So long as its still MISB, do it, regardless of condition, people want AFA and they will snatch it up faster with AFA on it.

Grade everything thats still on the card, even yellow bubbles. Again, people want stuff even if its yellow, they want the AFA label.

Even if you get a Q grade, you will still command stop dollar and the public will snatch it up.

Again, grade everything. I say this because you are saying you are doing this for your parents, so they will be getting the proceeds and grading them will give you max return money on the sales. As example, if you can snag some high grades on the X wing fighter and TIE fighters,,, you are looking at many thousands in dollars alone on just those handful of pieces.

Some stuff isnt going to go very high, such as your Speeder Bike and the tauntaun, prices have been rather depressed for tauntauns, I am assuming they stink really bad no one wants them. lol just kidding. but no, they will both sell it is just that those are not some of the premium pieces in the market.

Thank you for coming here and asking for advice, this is the best place on the Internet to get help on your collection in regards to star wars collecting. You might want to research prices on ebay and then list here and deal with the community directly, at least keep it in mind.

BTW, I forgot to mention, besides ebay, use the search function found in this forum to find prices on these items, you can plot historical prices by using the great source of information found here and it will help you find prices or an idea of a fair market price on items that you wont find on ebay. Remember, RebelScum forums are a GOLD mine of info.
    Last edited by Hoth_My_Fav; 11-27-2015 at 07:59 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast