Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Star Wars Holiday Special Focus - by Niktom

Quote Originally Posted by Niktom View Post
    Thanks guys!

Heck yeah!!! I'm all about making additions to the collection. Love those Fetties. Someone needs to make a commercial for them and insert it into a copy of the HS. PM inbound soon.

A new item hit my mail box two days ago.

1983 - Jump Magazine from Japan. This is a fantastic book that covers all three movies plus the Holiday Special. LOTS of production photos from SW, ESB and ROJ. Has some storyboard copies and a sweet poster in the front. Unlike pretty much all modern "inclusive" Star Wars specials or publications touting to tell you all about the Saga, this one actually does (at least for the time period) by including the best part... the Holiday Special.

Anyone want to volunteer to translate for me?

I want one of these!
    Big L Rest In Peace!
    my feedback :Feedback for Snake_Eyes_82
    Other Stuff I collect https://www.flickr.com/photos/140128699@N03/albums

Big Update!

After networking with another long time Holiday Special collector, I've been able to add a few jewels to the collection along with some more modern occurrences/references.

A couple of press photos

These are High Res photos from the Holiday Special that were used by toy creators in the 90s to work on Cantina related items. As far as anyone knows, they have never been published in high resolution on any website and some have never even been published. The detail that can be seen on the costumes is amazing! Note- please do not ask for scans, close ups, or copies of these images.

A selection of autographs that have been picked up over the years by mail and in person. Includes: Don Francks (Voice of Boba Fett), Patty Maloney (Lumpy), Marty Balin (lead singer, Jefferson Starship), Yuichi Sugiyama (Holo Circus Ringleader), Wazzan Circus Troupe, and some of the Imperial Guards/Officers.

Modern Items

TV Guides from June 12, 1999 which features a pullout that mentions the Holiday Special

Star Wars Shop Trading Card #6

Boba Fett pin given out at Celebration Europe

Steam Wars - Holiday Special Comic

Star Wars #15 Comic

Smuggler's Bounty Exclusive Pop Vinyl

Looking for Holiday Special Items, especially of the Vintage persuasion.
    Yak's Pub
    TB-5319 of the 501st Legion

Hey Niktom. Not sure if you're a podcast listener, but there are a couple podcasts that I think you may be interested in. Gilbert Gottfried's podcast had the TV director Steve Binder and they talked about the Holiday Special. Even better, the podcast I was There Too just did an interview with a guy who worked as a camera man on the Holiday Special and he had a lot of good stuff about it. He also took hundreds of set photos during the production, which I don't know if he has ever released. He did say he'd had the slides scanned so they're all digitized at least. There are a few posted on the I Was There Too page about this particular show.

Here is the link to the IWTT podcast:

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/the-s...-larry-heider/
    Last edited by Spassvogel; 01-01-2017 at 05:12 PM.

Thank you for sharing with your unique collection!

I take it you already have downloaded all the different video versions, including the HD from last year-ish that was taken directly from a long hidden broadcast master?
    Paying 1999 prices for 2015 toys in Parts Unknown.

Wow... looks like I've seriously neglected this thread for a while!

I'll be attending Celebration next week and worked up some Holiday Special hand outs to give away. See if you can track me down to pick up some HS Bottle Caps made from promo photos.

Thanks for this! That's some good stuff and dang, those pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spassvogel View Post
    Hey Niktom. Not sure if you're a podcast listener, but there are a couple podcasts that I think you may be interested in. Gilbert Gottfried's podcast had the TV director Steve Binder and they talked about the Holiday Special. Even better, the podcast I was There Too just did an interview with a guy who worked as a camera man on the Holiday Special and he had a lot of good stuff about it. He also took hundreds of set photos during the production, which I don't know if he has ever released. He did say he'd had the slides scanned so they're all digitized at least. There are a few posted on the I Was There Too page about this particular show.

Here is the link to the IWTT podcast:

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/the-s...-larry-heider/

Sadly, no... I'm still running one of the oldest dvd copies out there. Guess I need to update for a better viewing experience. LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaVader
    I take it you already have downloaded all the different video versions, including the HD from last year-ish that was taken directly from a long hidden broadcast master?
    Yak's Pub

Sorry it's been so long on the updates to this thread... but, I'm proud to announce that I'll be taking part in a panel showcasing many of the Holiday Special items out there.
    So, if you'll be attending Celebration Chicago and are a Holiday Special fan, then you will not want to miss this Collector Track Panel. Hope to see you there!

Yak's Pub

What a great idea for the collector's track stage.

That was a fun panel. I'm glad I was able to see it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234