Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter (Desert Damage) - TRU Exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by Kylash327 View Post
    That is the fighter pilot that should have one with the standard release, with the red stripes. Bah.
    Precisely.

There was a time, not so long ago, when hasbro trickery of this nature worked on me - insert a character not able to found elsewhere, typically a cheap repaint, as a pack-in.

Not any more. The more I see, the less I want. I actually think i'm done now with the hobby. Sure the SA line is nice looking, but not only will it not see a domestic release for me, it won't have all the film characters that are available in 5POA. Until now that is how I always collected. I simply cannot bring myself to pay for this retrograde Xmas cracker quality tosh.
    May you live in interesting times.

The yellow on the wings looks like a cat sprayed on them. That's rather fitting since that's precisely what. Hasbro has been doing in our faces the past few years .
    You, sir, are playing a dangerous game! Keeping this much raw viking-ness contained! There will be consequences!

I wonder if this new stuff will be looked back at fondly further down the line, as the old kenner stuff is now.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieU View Post
    That TIE was attacked by the evil warlord K'rylon and his ace squadron of Tanspray fighters.
    Timothy Zahn, is that you?

Found a few days ago here in SoCal.

No blue X-Wings though...

Picked this up Friday at TRU in East Brunswick. I haven't had a chance to open it yet. Hopefully this afternoon or sometime this week
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    Picked this up Friday at TRU in East Brunswick. I haven't had a chance to open it yet. Hopefully this afternoon or sometime this week
    Hurry, Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope to see if it looks cool!
    Salt-licker guy from Crait deserves a figure.
    He made the ultimate sacrifice, licking that dirt to find out what it was. We should respect and honor him with an action figure.
    ~~Rose Tico focus collector~~

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoFighter View Post
    Hurry, Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope to see if it looks cool!
    so I opened up the battle damaged FO TIE fighter last night. I'll post pics later tonight on Twitter if I get the chance. it's basically the same TIE as before but with sand coloring on the wings and cockpit. the only saving grace is the new Special Forces FO / 181st TIE Pilot. it's the same pilot from the first release but now with the iconic red piping on the helmet. is it worth getting ???? yes and no. if you are a collector of TIE Fighters and love variants then yes. If you want a cool pilot to add to your collection (currently he is the commander of my FO TIE Forces (have 6 regular pilots plus this new one) then yes. if you are content with the first release FO TIE and have no desire to have a variant then I would say save your cash.

I know a lot of people on here have complained about the sub par wings on the TIE but I have yet to have a problem with mine. they fit nice and tight to the cockpit and keep the fighter upright.

Now if only I can find the blue X-Wing.
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

Quote Originally Posted by dkwookie View Post
    Not for me. The sand shading looks like it's suffered sun damage fading in a shop window. Also it looks like the pilot has no removable helmet this time. Would be potential purchase if the wings had some kind of moulded damage or it came with Finn in Stormtrooper outfit instead of tie pilot
    It does have a removable helmet. And the red stripes "Ace" deco has been added as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ121 View Post
    It does have a removable helmet. And the red stripes "Ace" deco has been added as well.
    I picked this up over the weekend. No better, no worse than the original. Wish the wing was damaged not just sandy

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast