Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 64

Thread: Chewbacca - ANH - Walmart

  1. #1

    Chewbacca - ANH - Walmart

    Please use this thread to talk about the 3inch SA figure of ANH Chewbacca , who's going to buy it?


  2. #2
    Another eleven year old figure
    "Pain don't hurt" James Dalton in Roadhouse 1989

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by GNT View Post
    who's going to buy it?
    Not me. The Early Bird one was the definitive -and last- Chewie for me. I'm not paying for the same figure with a different hairdo.

  4. #4
    You know, oddly enough...I get the resentment for this. I really do. It is somewhat lazy...but I was also lazy with picking him up. Now correct me if I'm wrong but this isn't ANH Chewie, it's ROTJ Chewie. I believe the parted hair at the top is ROTJ. I think! I have ANH Chewie, I got him with the BMF. And while, sure, it's an old figure, I don't think he's a dated figure. He still stands up perfectly to modern SA standards and sculpts IMO. So actually, I'll probably pick him up.
    'But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked. ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat: ‘We’re all mad here. I’m mad, you’re mad.’ ‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice. ‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.’ - Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

  5. #5
    Line Captain Shadow_Imperium's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hoth...I mean Ontario, Canada

    I'll probably get one too. I was lazy about getting an extra one a few years ago, and with current ebay prices it's about the same or even cheaper thanks to my sliding dollar. Need my prisoner Chewie to go with the new Leia.
    Vedain, 8D8, Klaatu, Lak Sivrak, Barada, Tessek, EV-9D9, Yotts Orren, Velken Tezeri, Fozec... Dreaming

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by MysterioMaximus View Post
    You know, oddly enough...I get the resentment for this. I really do. It is somewhat lazy...but I was also lazy with picking him up. Now correct me if I'm wrong but this isn't ANH Chewie, it's ROTJ Chewie. I believe the parted hair at the top is ROTJ. I think! I have ANH Chewie, I got him with the BMF. And while, sure, it's an old figure, I don't think he's a dated figure. He still stands up perfectly to modern SA standards and sculpts IMO. So actually, I'll probably pick him up.
    Yeah definitely not ANH Chewie. It's not until ESB that Chewie's hair starts looking unkempt.

    And I agree, this sculptor holds up just fine. I'm not sure how much better it could be.

  7. #7
    Sculpt not sculptor. Autocorrect and no edit feature is a bad combo.

  8. #8
    It's confirmed it's just the VOTC (RotJ) Chewie figure, right? I'll pass since I already have it. But it's a great figure for those that never picked him up!
    Most Wanted
    Arleil Schous/Aunt Beru/Barada/BespEsc Leia/Cane Adiss/Cantina Bnd Mmbr/8D8/EV9D9/Ewk Leia/Fozec/Garouf Lafoe/Lak Sivrak/Lars GNK/Lobot/Momaw Nadon/MonMothma/Motti/Piett/Reegesk/SB Weequay/Shasa Tiel/Sim Aloo/Solomahal/Sy Snootles (puppet)/Taym Drengaren/Tessek/Tzizvvt/Velken Tezari/21B/Wuher/Yerka Mig/Yotts Orren/Yoxgit

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by lister View Post
    Yeah definitely not ANH Chewie. It's not until ESB that Chewie's hair starts looking unkempt.

    And I agree, this sculptor holds up just fine. I'm not sure how much better it could be.
    Exactly - great sculpt, great figure, decent price (VOTC Chewie retailed for $10 or so back in 2004). Only suffers from not actually being accurate to his appearance in ANH, but Darth Vader has the same issue (who is responsible for indicating which movies these figures are representative of?)
    "It's true, all of it…The Dark Side…The Jedi…They're real"
    My Trade & Classifieds Feedback

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by 12501 View Post
    Exactly - great sculpt, great figure, decent price (VOTC Chewie retailed for $10 or so back in 2004). Only suffers from not actually being accurate to his appearance in ANH, but Darth Vader has the same issue (who is responsible for indicating which movies these figures are representative of?)
    I get the feeling that for characters like Chewie, Vader, Threepio etc. whose appearances don't change drastically from movie to movie, Hasbro sort of thinks any version will do.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •