Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Kylo Ren - Walmart

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Knight View Post
    So want this. Surprised to not see a picture because this is the most wanted figure of all time right now for me personally.

Isn't it beautiful? It's a homerun by Hasbro!! So is the First Order Stormtrooper in this line! This is why I really hope 3.75" SA is here to stay. Stuff like this just gets me sooo excited. The 6" line just never resonates with me like this scale does.
    Most Wanted
    Arleil Schous/Aunt Beru/Barada/BespEsc Leia/Cane Adiss/Cantina Bnd Mmbr/8D8/EV9D9/Ewk Leia/Fozec/Garouf Lafoe/Lak Sivrak/Lars GNK/Lobot/Momaw Nadon/MonMothma/Motti/Piett/Reegesk/SB Weequay/Shasa Tiel/Sim Aloo/Solomahal/Sy Snootles (puppet)/Taym Drengaren/Tessek/Tzizvvt/Velken Tezari/21B/Wuher/Yerka Mig/Yotts Orren/Yoxgit

It is inddedd a relief to see we'll get at least the main cast of TFA in their SA glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Brett View Post
    Isn't it beautiful? It's a homerun by Hasbro!! So is the First Order Stormtrooper in this line! This is why I really hope 3.75" SA is here to stay. Stuff like this just gets me sooo excited. The 6" line just never resonates with me like this scale does.
    I agree with you. The 6 inch line doesn't have that potent love and history. Like the SA 3.75 Star Wars figures do. In my opinion, I don't see the 6 inch lasting as long as the SA 3.75 figures have(and longer)
    " The force will be with me, always."

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_073 View Post
    I agree with you. The 6 inch line doesn't have that potent love and history. Like the SA 3.75 Star Wars figures do. In my opinion, I don't see the 6 inch lasting as long as the SA 3.75 figures have(and longer)

I think it's also the scale or size itself that is somehow more attractive. When you see something that small with so much detail packed into it, it is more...I don't know, impressive to me. Just seems much cooler when it's is shrunk down to that scale. I don't know, the 6" line just does not connect with me for whatever reason. I can't explain it. They do look nice...but the appeal isn't there like it is with 3.75".
    Most Wanted
    Arleil Schous/Aunt Beru/Barada/BespEsc Leia/Cane Adiss/Cantina Bnd Mmbr/8D8/EV9D9/Ewk Leia/Fozec/Garouf Lafoe/Lak Sivrak/Lars GNK/Lobot/Momaw Nadon/MonMothma/Motti/Piett/Reegesk/SB Weequay/Shasa Tiel/Sim Aloo/Solomahal/Sy Snootles (puppet)/Taym Drengaren/Tessek/Tzizvvt/Velken Tezari/21B/Wuher/Yerka Mig/Yotts Orren/Yoxgit

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Brett View Post
    I think it's also the scale or size itself that is somehow more attractive. When you see something that small with so much detail packed into it, it is more...I don't know, impressive to me. Just seems much cooler when it's is shrunk down to that scale. I don't know, the 6" line just does not connect with me for whatever reason. I can't explain it. They do look nice...but the appeal isn't there like it is with 3.75".
    I think the success of the 4" action figure is purely in the math. Any smaller than 3-4" and the figures become too small. You lose articulation, detail, playability, all that good stuff. Any larger and they're too big. Sure you get the same if not more articulation and detail, but size (and price) become an issue. 4" figures are just the right size for vehicles, playsets, and other accessories. And there are a plethora of reasons 4" action figures have been the backbone of the action figure market and so many toy lines for 30+ years now. With the 4" scale comes the ability to develop other tie-in items that diversify the line and add appeal to it as a whole. Overall, it's just optimal.

Even as a kid, whenever I had larger figures, I always gravitated back to 4" figures whenever I played with them. Perfect example were Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. When they first came out, I got all of the 8" figures and really liked them. They were nice, had loads of articulation and looked great. However, when I wanted to take them to school so my friends and I could play with them, I could never bring more than one or two due to their size (I was only allowed to take whatever could fit in my backpack). But the 4" figures were perfect and I could bring a whole lot more. Same goes for the various toys I had that utilized smaller figures. Their lack of ability to do much made them boring to me, and I always gravitated back to 4" action figures. Anything else were just 'curiosities' really.

This Kylo Ren figure is a perfect example of what great toys Hasbro is capable of producing, especially in this scale.
    "It's true, all of it…The Dark Side…The Jedi…They're real"
    My Trade & Classifieds Feedback

I just hope that everyone supports this line and that it does really well.
    With all of the talk/arguments about SA versus 5POA, I should expect to never see these on the pegs, as collectors would have bought up every single figure.

I know I'll do my part (always do and have been since the beginning) but who can say the same thing?
    Looking for a MOMC set of Episode I (2-Inch) Mini Figures and Anakin/Naboo Fighter set.
    http://www.rebelscum.com/episodeIminifigs.asp

Does anyone have an idea when these will be on Walmart's website? The chances of finding one in the wild are going to be impossible. Scalpers will certainly strike before I can.

What makes me angry is that figures like this should have been available Force Friday. A Walmart exclusive is an insult. This should be the only 3.75 inch Kylo Ren available.

If they aren't unnecessary repacks like wave I they should be. I honestly never saw most of the Black Series 3.75" figures in stores. They seemed to always sell well and nowhere to be found. Other than Wave I, the rest of the line (Orange & Blue) were rare or impossible to ever find.

I don't think there's any reason to believe these won't sell. If Hasbro had decided to make this line the premiere FA line on launch day, it would have sold just as well.
    Most Wanted

3 3/4" SA has taken a back seat to both 6" and 3 3/4 5POA. It's unfortunate for sure, but it's been like that for the past couple years.

How many 5POA TFA figures were available on Force Friday? And Walmart gets an exclusive with 3 previously released figures from the older movies? It's the red-headed step child of Hasbro.

A lot has been held back due to spoilers. December will probably be an insane month for collectors
    Looking for a MOMC set of Episode I (2-Inch) Mini Figures and Anakin/Naboo Fighter set.
    http://www.rebelscum.com/episodeIminifigs.asp

Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast