Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 130

Thread: New Elite Statues

  1. #11
    I saw this one:

    2001 Star Wars Episode 5 Darth Vader Bombyx Sculpture Le Statue Attakus | eBay

    As well as one that sold for $1600 in June, but it was an AP.

    Keeping my eyes peeled.

  2. #12
    Cool for those that don't already have them.

  3. #13
    Not sure what is really going here, but the Attakus website has pics of the Elite Collection 1:10 scale and they are different poses than shown here. I can't find the image posted her with the older 1:5 scale poses on Attakus' webpage.

    I wouldn't really like them re-releasing the same figures in a different scale, paint job or any other modification if this is the case anyway. I bought a lot of those original Attakus statues long ago directly from Attakus and expect them to maintain their exclusivity as originally marketed. The same goes for the edition of 200 released in Japan. They should have never been released.

    Has re-releasing a model in a identical style but different scale been done by others. How is it done, do they digitally 3D scan a statue and then create a new model from it ???

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave0 View Post
    Not sure what is really going here, but the Attakus website has pics of the Elite Collection 1:10 scale and they are different poses than shown here. I can't find the image posted her with the older 1:5 scale poses on Attakus' webpage.

    I wouldn't really like them re-releasing the same figures in a different scale, paint job or any other modification if this is the case anyway. I bought a lot of those original Attakus statues long ago directly from Attakus and expect them to maintain their exclusivity as originally marketed. The same goes for the edition of 200 released in Japan. They should have never been released.

    Has re-releasing a model in a identical style but different scale been done by others. How is it done, do they digitally 3D scan a statue and then create a new model from it ???
    Do you have a link to the page that shows them?

    I know what you mean about your older statues "maintaining their exclusivity" but I really don't think there is anything to worry about. This is a smaller scale, even if they re-release the original ones I don't see them harming the value of the originals.

    As for anyone else doing this, off the top of my head I know Gentle Giant does this with the Jumbo size of the original Kenner Star Wars figures. They are also releasing smaller versions of their 1/4 scale Marvel statues. I believe Captain America and Black Widow have been or are about to be solicited. And yes, I believe it's done by digitally scanning the original piece and then manipulating the size digitally for the re-release.

    Someone somewhere said that the pictures of Attakus original 1/5 scale statues were just being used as placeholders, but that the actual Elite series ones would be slightly different than the original 1/5 scale ones.

    Guess we'll have to wait and see.

  5. #15
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

  6. #16
    What's happening with the Attakus license? I see they're still selling Star Wars statues, but are they planning any new released?

  7. #17
    Breathtaking;.l shall call him mini me!
    "Why would anyone want to slaughter jawas ?"

  8. #18
    The Stormtrooper & Royal Guard will be with me on Monday, Boba Fett, Jango Fett & Darth Vader are still on preorder..., I did ponder on ordering the emperor but the likeness is just too poor.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by kevb0977 View Post
    The Stormtrooper & Royal Guard will be with me on Monday, Boba Fett, Jango Fett & Darth Vader are still on preorder..., I did ponder on ordering the emperor but the likeness is just too poor.
    I preordered the emperor a while back to display next to the Master Replicas Emperor cane and cloak clasp. I know the likeness is not there, but as an accent piece, I think it will work well. Also the smaller size serves as a perfect excuse to justify the lack of likeness. I should be getting mine next month.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

    My Feedback , My Collection


  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    I preordered the emperor a while back to display next to the Master Replicas Emperor cane and cloak clasp. I know the likeness is not there, but as an accent piece, I think it will work well. Also the smaller size serves as a perfect excuse to justify the lack of likeness. I should be getting mine next month.
    Well maybe you could do some of the pictures for it, like you do with the Gentle Giant mini-busts & I could make a decision based on proper in hand photos.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •