Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Special Forces TIE Fighter w/TIE Fighter Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by expostfacto View Post
    I'm liking this one too. On the putting two pilots in it, they would either have to scale it up pretty big, or make the pod pretty oblong looking. I think the accuracy there would have detracted from the actual look of the toy.

Isn't this supposed to be about $45?
    $39.99, So yes, about $45 with tax.

Works for me. This is going to be my first tie fighter. -Just started collecting about a year ago.

Welcome to the community then. Good time to start a collection. Stuff can only get better from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by CHEWIE View Post
    I like this one, in fact it might be my favorite upcoming item.
    Yep - I concur: this is top of my purchasing list.

In fact, if I could only purchase one Hasbro item from TFAs, this would be it!

Also - I do believe that the radial panels (wings) are slightly larger and more in scale, than past Hasbro 3 3/3 inch 'small-winged' TIE fighters...

I could be wrong about this... and admittedly, I have only been looking at pictures online of the Special Forces TIE comparing with images of Hasbro's past efforts...

Hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by saddestmoon View Post
    Also - I do believe that the radial panels (wings) are slightly larger and more in scale, than past Hasbro 3 3/3 inch 'small-winged' TIE fighters...

I could be wrong about this... and admittedly, I have only been looking at pictures online of the Special Forces TIE comparing with images of Hasbro's past efforts...

Hmmmm...
    I believe you may be right, but we'll obviously have to wait until someone posts some comparison photos to be sure.

Anyways, this is something that I'll seriously consider buying. I've always been a fan of TIE Fighters.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

I do like the look of the new TIE fighter.I do find it funny that for a movie set 30 some years after ROTJ that the Empire's predecessor is using the same design.I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by jedimasterc View Post
    I do like the look of the new TIE fighter.I do find it funny that for a movie set 30 some years after ROTJ that the Empire's predecessor is using the same design.I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it.
    I suppose, though the Tie has the same shape as its predecessor, maybe it has more Capabilities like shields, greater firepower, Hyperdrive etc...The iconic look plus a potential advantage which was unknown until its too late ?!? Otherwise JJs just too much into Building Bridges to the OT

Quote Originally Posted by TK_842 View Post
    Unless they are meant to stand in the cockpit, i can't see two fit in that eye ball.
    I think you might be on to something there. If it is a 2-seater, then I'm sure that's how it will be.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

This might be the only other thing I get besides the X Wing. One of each, and done on my Force Friday adventure.

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast