Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESB 47 back Zuckuss proof

ESB 47 back Zuckuss proof

Hi all,

I'm trying to track down this proof. A former owner said it might be currently residing in a UK collection. If you have this proof or know where it is please contact me - thanks

Rob
    Looking to buy a "Collect all 32" and "Collect all 21" (with Fett offer) bell header.

Thanks to everyone who contacted me about this proof. It has been located and here's to hoping something can be worked out with the current owner to help acquire it : ) I am also looking for the production ESB 47 back Zuckuss shown below - or another production example as I understand a few have now surfaced. If you know of one, please let me know. Thanks.
    Looking to buy a "Collect all 32" and "Collect all 21" (with Fett offer) bell header.

I remember that one being listed on eBay. I'd read before it was unproduced and dismissed it without even opening the listing as being a fake. So obviously real in hindsight!

Interesting that more have been turned up. Makes the ESB 47 run plausible now.

Quote Originally Posted by punk_pat View Post
    I remember that one being listed on eBay. I'd read before it was unproduced and dismissed it without even opening the listing as being a fake. So obviously real in hindsight!

Interesting that more have been turned up. Makes the ESB 47 run plausible now.
    I was discussing this figure with a friend yesterday and he believes that at least one more production 47bk. Zuckuss surfaced after this one. If you click on the picture there appears to be some residue from what looks to be a price sticker in the (our) top right hand corner, just under the age grade. My guess is that there were a very limited number of these produced right before the switch over to the 48 back card.

Would love to hear some other thoughts and opinions...

Rob

Don't forget the Canadian 47-back:

Visit the Canadian Star Wars Gallery:
    http://web.ncf.ca/cn333/starwars.htm
    Star Wars with a Canadian focus
    WTB: a Canadian carded 4-LOM and Kenner Canada 3-Packs / Multipacks

I've only seen and heard of 2 Kenner 47 back Zuckuss figures and had always assumed it was just a very rare production version since the Zuckuss figure was photographed on the 47 back figure grouping. Of course there are a couple of 45 backs out there too with the darker pre production figure.
    WTB: Palitoy ROTJ 65 back Stormtrooper

Quote Originally Posted by olisuds View Post
    I've only seen and heard of 2 Kenner 47 back Zuckuss figures and had always assumed it was just a very rare production version since the Zuckuss figure was photographed on the 47 back figure grouping. Of course there are a couple of 45 backs out there too with the darker pre production figure.
    Oli,

Do you have any scans saved of the 45 backs with the darker Zuckuss figures?

My guess - and anyone please feel free to chime in if you think otherwise - is that the 47 back Zuckuss shown in the photo I posted is a 100% legitimate production example which shipped out to retail.

IMHO it's highly likely that a small number of Zuckuss figures were packaged on 47 back cards right before Kenner switched over to the 48 back card, and the confirmation of at least a second 47 back Zuckuss identical to the one posted above tells me that there's a chance, however small it may be, that more could surface down the road.

Does anyone have photos of the other 47 back Zuckuss?

Here you go Rob...

I sold this to another collector last year. Perhaps it's hard to tell from the photos but the figure is the same dark grey / black as the first shot pictured below

I would agree with you. I don't know if it's as simple as this but I'd always considered the 47 back to be production simply because Zuckuss appeared in the 47 back figure grouping and not on the 45 back figure grouping
    Last edited by olisuds; 08-19-2015 at 09:27 AM.
    WTB: Palitoy ROTJ 65 back Stormtrooper

Here you go Rob...

I sold this to another collector last year. Perhaps it's hard to tell from the photos but the figure is the same dark grey / black as the first shot pictured below

I would agree with you. I don't know if it's as simple as this but I'd always considered the 47 back to be production simply because Zuckuss appeared in the 47 back figure grouping and not on the 45 back figure grouping

Thanks Oli. The difference is very clear when compared side by side with a production figure.

Rob

Do you recall where you saw the second 47 back ? In a collection or a sale ?
    As a grumpy Luke said to Han before his wedding "May Divorce be with you"

My Feedback - below link
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t923747/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast