Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Land coming to Disneyland and Disneyworld!

Quote Originally Posted by StarFin View Post
    I heard people are limited to 4 hours in the park during the reservation period.
    YEP! 4 hour window. Mine's from 8am - noon. I have tried to piece together any info on the logistics, but it seems like Cast members ( and what sounded in one article, costumed troopers) will be asking people to leave. I think there may be a colored wrist band for your time slot.

The first "shift" should be good though, as there won't be any overlap at first.

Yeah with all the rules/hoops for the grand Opening "test run", I'll be fine to wait it out a year while they work out the kinks. And hopefully less traffic by then. good luck for anyone attempting to visit during this mad season.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

There are Disneyland Cast Member previews starting tomorrow and next week where a Cast Member could sign up to go with one guest (family, friend, ie:general public). I hear there are no phones or pictures allowed though.

Read an article on TheForce.net, that the custom built lightsabers are going to run you $199, but the experience seems interesting. That price point will phase out a lot of casual visitors from buying them.
    James Earl Jones: "I've one thing to say to people like you...I like Star Wars too!"

The Big Bang Theory-Season 7, Episode 14

Quote Originally Posted by Antman View Post
    Read an article on TheForce.net, that the custom built lightsabers are going to run you $199, but the experience seems interesting. That price point will phase out a lot of casual visitors from buying them.
    I think for the limited space/timeslots available to do the experience they will be pretty full for a long time, same with the $99 droids. Considering the princess boutique to have your 3-12 year old get hair/makeup/costume done is $199, having that kind of "experience gift shop" for older kids and adults is pretty cool.

I kind of like there are premium things to do that include a bit more than just buying something expensive.

I wonder though if they will develop a lower cost option, more toy like in the future. The bags they come in, a padded canvas tube bag (like pool cue bag?) are pretty cool though.

Yeah...my family did the Harry Potter “soft opening”....never. Again. I’ll wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Yeah with all the rules/hoops for the grand Opening "test run", I'll be fine to wait it out a year while they work out the kinks. And hopefully less traffic by then. good luck for anyone attempting to visit during this mad season.

the reservation period is essentially the "soft opening" They have been having cast member previews the past week that have been made to almost mimic what the reservation period is going to be like from what I have read. The Smugglers Run line has been anywhere from 10 - 40 minutes and the plan is supposed to be no more than 2 hours come time for actual guests. So far the busiest times have been the "overlap" periods, where one time slot ends and another begins.

Quote Originally Posted by K_M_Toydarian View Post
    I think for the limited space/timeslots available to do the experience they will be pretty full for a long time, same with the $99 droids. Considering the princess boutique to have your 3-12 year old get hair/makeup/costume done is $199, having that kind of "experience gift shop" for older kids and adults is pretty cool.

I kind of like there are premium things to do that include a bit more than just buying something expensive.
    I was having a debate about this: if you enter the line for the 'build your own lightsaber experience' are you obligated to buy it?
    I read they can handle 14 customers at a time and when lines are long they won't be pleased when a majority says "no thanks" when their saber is built.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinWhiteDuke View Post
    I was having a debate about this: if you enter the line for the 'build your own lightsaber experience' are you obligated to buy it?
    I read they can handle 14 customers at a time and when lines are long they won't be pleased when a majority says "no thanks" when their saber is built.
    I didn't see the area where the building takes place, as I want planning on buying one, but outside there was a counter with cash registers, where people were looking up. I THINK you paid upfront, and got a timeslot to come back to build your saber. I believe I saw some sort of display drawer at those registers where you could see some (or all?) Of the parts and options available.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by K_M_Toydarian View Post
    I didn't see the area where the building takes place, as I want planning on buying one, but outside there was a counter with cash registers, where people were looking up. I THINK you paid upfront, and got a timeslot to come back to build your saber. I believe I saw some sort of display drawer at those registers where you could see some (or all?) Of the parts and options available.

So it's different than the parks build a saber or build a Droid toys kiosks where you can just build without committing to buying.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast