Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Assault Walker with Stormtrooper Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Lak_Sivrak View Post
    The weathering in a few of those pictures make the walkers almost seem like they aren't made of plastic. Very nice.

The trick I learned (from YouTube videos) is to dry brush and use dabs of rust/copper/brass on the edges. Just. A little dab of edge and cut down on the black.

I picked up two of these with TRU's bogo sale last week. Also had $10 in Rewards coupons to use, so I got two more of these for $20. I really only want the pauldrons, so I'm going to be selling them (and two more of the desert version I snagged of Amazon).

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket_Back View Post
    I picked up two of these with TRU's bogo sale last week. Also had $10 in Rewards coupons to use, so I got two more of these for $20. I really only want the pauldrons, so I'm going to be selling them (and two more of the desert version I snagged of Amazon).
    That's smart to get all the pauldrons. I had thought a while back how cool it would be if someone made/sold just the pauldrons so we could army build our troopers without hunting down so many exclusives.

I was thinking the same. I think I'm done with what I'm building for now. At first, I figured I'd buy extras of the Snowtrooper/Snap pack and grab the extra black pauldrons from that set, but the pauldrons are actually different between the snowtroopers and the stormtroopers. Go figure...

Does anyone know the wal mart Id # so I can brickseek this?

Just an FYI, I recently got this TFA Assault Walker w/Stormtrooper Sergeant figure @ Target on clearance for $11.84 (before tax). It looks like at least some Targets are clearancing these out, possibly to make way for The Last Jedi movie toys this Fall?!

In any case, this is a great toy - I don't remember this being in the film, but is kind of like those EU "mini-rigs" that came out back in the day. This toy looks like a cross between an AT-ST & an AT-DP, but smaller and with much less protection for the driver.

The green-ish color looks like a vehicle that the Empire would have used against the Wookies on Kasshyk in Revenge of the Sith (though I know it wasn't in that film).

The photos above convinced me to finally track one of these down. I scored the EE exclusive for $8.94 with free shipping on eBay. For that price, I couldn't say no. It arrived yesterday and it's pretty cool. Looks good on my shelf, too. I would've had a blast with this thing as a kid .

Sent from my LG-D725 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kal_El View Post
    It arrived yesterday and it's pretty cool. Looks good on my shelf, too. I would've had a blast with this thing as a kid.
    Yes, this is a fantastic toy; interesting design & one that really fits in the SW universe. I'm glad it went on sale. I never collected TFA toys to any great extent (I only have a couple of them), so this was one that I would have passed on if I couldn't have gotten it for a good sale price.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345