Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Darth Vader

Quote Originally Posted by Julythrunov View Post
    God that figure was so ground breaking. Ill never forget the buzz surrounding that figure along with Slave Leia and to a lesser extent grand moff Tarkin.
    I love that figure! Probably my favorite figure ever.

Has anyone picked this Vader up?

Is it different enough from previous versions to warrant a purchase?

The only noticeable difference is probably a hole in it's back. Otherwise this is the same figure that's been released several times over the last couple of years. MS Vader, Single pack, MS Bespin... He's definitely a staple. I wish I actually liked the figure.
    “What’s a Star War?”

Thanks Maverick, I have the MS Darth so I guess I can pass on this one ... I like the MS version, a nice blend of old and new IMO.

Technically a previous version, as I only have this on-card, but I found this Vader fairly disappointing, mostly due to the odd proportions and his difficulty standing up. Individual figure had a squeezed helmet too, a huge nitpick on Vader toys for me -- my TVC ep4 Vader had the problem, too.

A new torso could add a lot. Make it an ep4 version if you need to justify it. Make the mold a bit more favorable to the legs.
    Retired from Star Wars, collecting and all, but I stop by RS, JTA, JB, etc. every once in a while for a dose of nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Julythrunov View Post
    God that figure was so ground breaking. Ill never forget the buzz surrounding that figure along with Slave Leia and to a lesser extent grand moff Tarkin.
    Yeah, it was a pretty cool figure (that was released in 1998, not 1997), but the rigid plastic cape always kind of ruined it for me. I know Hasbro/Kenner had been making sculpted plastic capes for a few years by this point, but the cape on that figure seemed even more rigid than necessary.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

What's really hilarious about this figure. Is I never would have even considered buying it, then I saw the Droid that's packed with him! lol
    Guess I'll just have to watch ebay for it.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12